The top 3 AUv3 plugins I can't live without are...

edited February 2018 in General

I thought it might be fun for us to share the top 3 AUv3 plugins we (currently) can't live without, and use in almost every project.

My (curent) top 3 is:

1. FAC Chorus (FX)
  2. Poison-202 (Synth)
  3. Rough Rider (FX) FREE

AUv3s only please, and you only get to pick 3!

Comments

• Zeeon. (Synth)
    Maxima. (Fx)
    Fac Chorus. (Fx)

• edited February 2018

Thanks @Audiogus

FAC Chorus is like my secret sauce. It makes everything just taste sound better
    ..so on this basis I should probably get Maxima and give it a spin :)

I do love Zeeon, but just don't find it as essential in the music I am making at the moment (it's still in my top 10)

p.s. FAC stands for Fred Anton Corvest, the developer of FAC Chorus and FAC Maxima

• Tried to make a list, there isn't even one i couldn't live without.

• edited February 2018

in that case, just list the 3 you use most frequently.

Your 'go to' plugins for every project

• edited February 2018

Lo-Fly Dirt - punchy drums
    Rough Rider- easy to work compression
    QuatroMod- my fab chorus sound so far

• @5pinlink said:
    Tried to make a list, there isn't even one i couldn't live without.

Pretty sure that phrase was being used for dramatic effect. ;)

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks @Audiogus

FAC Chorus is like my secret sauce. It makes everything just taste sound better
    ..so on this basis I should probably get Maxima and give it a spin :)

To me Maxima is amazing in it's simple effectiveness. I dare not rave too highly about it though as 'thar be pro's in these waters' but I find it to be a wonderful big red shiny 'make tracks better now' button.

I do love Zeeon, but just don't find it as essential in the music I am making at the moment (it's still in my top 10)

Currently making down tempo dork surrealism so Zeeon works great!

p.s. FAC stands for Fred Anton Corvest, the developer of FAC Chorus and FAC Maxima

I am naming my first born FAC.

• No i literally mean i don't really rate AUv3 plugins that highly.
    There are some amazing synths but i am a samplist and there is no better sampler than Beatmakers built in.
    I love the idea of AU MIDI plugins, but because they simply don't work at all yet unless you render them to MIDI, then I can't really count those.
    Every effect i have tried has been on par or worse than Beatmakers built in, other than dynamics which is totally .....be polite be polite..... not that great in Beatmaker, so i should probably buy Maxima, his chorus is nice enough.

• FAC Chorus
    Bram Bos - Rozetta Sequencer Suite
    Audio Damage Discord 4

Yes I know Discord 4 is brand spanking new, BUT I definately like what I am hearing when using it ( especially on Future Drummer and Axon2 )

FAC Maxima is a must as well but you were only asking for 3 🙃

• @J_B1GS said:
    FAC Chorus
    Bram Bos - Rozetta Sequencer Suite
    Audio Damage Discord 4

Yes I know Discord 4 is brand spanking new, BUT I definately like what I am hearing when using it ( especially on Future Drummer and Axon2 )

Got some BDay money and looking forward to getting it tomorrow. I am thinking I may get PPG Infinite to go with it too.

• @Audiogus said:

Got some BDay money and looking forward to getting it tomorrow. I am thinking I may get PPG Infinite to go with it too.

Happy BDay...
    @brambos has a new AUv3 going to hit the Apple Store any time now, might want to save some of that BDay cash until then 🤔

• Since I’m broke I don’t have many yet and I’m very selective to my tools. I don’t just buy them all. Usually on a use case scenario.

Right now these are:
    Brusfi by KLEVGRAND (cleans up field recordings and a lot more)
    VirtualRoom AU (this is a secret beast not just binaural stuff)
    KQDixie (Because I never played with a DX7 and patches are all over the web and FM Synthesis is a great choice for sound design)

I would have added so many more, but three is the limit.

• I am more into synths :
    Zeeon
    ISem
    Poison 202

• edited February 2018

@mefisme said:

Oh yah, thanks for the reminder on VirtualRoomAU, been meaning to get it, whoot!

• AU Host
    BM3
    Aum
    Cubasis

AU Instruments
    iSEM
    mood
    Ripplemaker

AU Effects
    QuatroMod
    frekvens
    FoldR

• Hmmmm, Foldr (or Wavefolder) seems interesting... may just add that to todays bingeday.

• Zeeon
    Ripplemaker
    FAC chorus/maxima

• I like wavefolder and try to use it a lot, still learning, and I’ve been using FAC Maximus on every track since finally picking it up, and I love Rozeta but I need to use it more

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 said:

@ronji said:
    I like wavefolder and try to use it a lot, still learning, and I’ve been using FAC Maximus on every track since finally picking it up, and I love Rozeta but I need to use it more

I haven’t bought maxima yet. Do people tend to use that on individual stems or on the master bus?

I use it on both.

• Poison ☠️
    TF7
    NaVi 🧚🏼‍♀️... haha.....Listen
    Oval or crystal synth

• Moog Model 15
    Lo-fly dirt
    Rough rider

• great webbudsuk@gmail.com> @tk32 said:

I thought it might be fun for us to share the top 3 AUv3 plugins we (currently) can't live without, and use in almost every project.

My (curent) top 3 is:

1. FAC Chorus (FX)
    2. Poison-202 (Synth)
    3. Rough Rider (FX) FREE

AUv3s only please, and you only get to pick 3!

Tried to make a list.