Alternate mod for samples.

This is similar to the latch discussion but may be an easier fix. If one of the options for “layer trigger” was alternating. Right now you have “one shot, hold and on release”. Alternating would mean if the sample is set to loop then when the pad is pressed the sample starts looping and when the pad is pressed again the sample stops looping. In one shot mode it means that when the pad is pressed the sample starts and when the pad is pressed again the sample stops.

This is a feature available on the Roland SPDSX and it is extremely useful.

Comments

• edited February 2018

@jfox815 said:
    This is similar to the latch discussion but may be an easier fix. If one of the options for “layer trigger” was alternating. Right now you have “one shot, hold and on release”. Alternating would mean if the sample is set to loop then when the pad is pressed the sample starts looping and when the pad is pressed again the sample stops looping. In one shot mode it means that when the pad is pressed the sample starts and when the pad is pressed again the sample stops.

This is a feature available on the Roland SPDSX and it is extremely useful.

You want to toggle it without a midi controller correct? Good request. It is triggerable this way with a midi controller. Essentially the layer trigger mode would be called (Latch) to make the most sense and support touch only users.

• Yes, it would be great to be able to use a midi controller or touch.

• edited February 2018

@jfox815 said:
    Yes, it would be great to be able to use a midi controller or touch.

You can latch a key in keys mode and stop it by touching the same key. The issue is it doesn't light up the pad to be able to see you latched it. So you'll have to remember the key or set it as your base key.

• @mefisme said:

@jfox815 said:
    Yes, it would be great to be able to use a midi controller or touch.

You can latch a key in keys mode and stop it by touching the same key. The issue is it doesn't light up the pad to be able to see you latched it. So you'll have to remember the key or set it as your base key.

How do you do that?

• edited February 2018

@jfox815
    Load a sample to pad, choose zone limits if desired, set desired loop method, tap keys, hold the note your sample is located in zones, tap keys again but don't let go of pad trigger finger until keys is fully closed. Latched. Tapping the same note value again in keys will stop audio.

I suggest users be careful with this and remember that this is a bug or unfinished feature. You can do this infinitely across all keys and banks and if aren't careful you could really hurt your ears. Watch your meters too. :)

• @mefisme

Hmm thats complicated. My work around was to set the sustain pedal on and then set up a “dummy” pad that I have on the same choke group as whatever pads I want looped. You just have to remember to set the sustain each time you load the bank.

• @jfox815 said:
    @mefisme

Hmm thats complicated. My work around was to set the sustain pedal on and then set up a “dummy” pad that I have on the same choke group as whatever pads I want looped. You just have to remember to set the sustain each time you load the bank.

This works to turn the loop on and off? Why in the world have I never considered trying this. Awesome tip sir. Will try later and report back.

• edited June 2018

There’s a solution now with the StepPolyArp unit you can latch sample and even sequences.
    Just bought it today, it’s great!!
    I can now use my iPAd live!!!!!

• @jeezs said:
    There’s a solution now with the StepPolyArp unit you can latch sample and even sequences.
    Just bought it today, it’s great!!
    I can now use my iPAd live!!!!!

Can you confirm it shows as an AU in bm3?

• Just try it but unfortunately No it doesn’t appear in BM3 v3.010
    I was using BM3 beta.
    Sorry for the bad news.

• @jeezs said:
    Just try it but unfortunately No it doesn’t appear in BM3 v3.010
    I was using BM3 beta.
    Sorry for the bad news.

It’s also good news 🙂

• Still nothing on this??. Roland have done this years ago.....cmon BM3!!!!