Sample FX workflow?

What’s your workflow for applying FX to individual samples? General FX apply to the whole bank I think, and Layer FX per pad are very limited. Do you put your sample in a new bank, add FX, re-render the sample, and then add it back into your sample bank??

Comments

• edited February 2018

Not sure if you already knew this, but each pad can have its own fx chain, separate from the bank FX (and in addition to the Layer FX)

All you need to do is open the bank FX chain, and press the grey checkerboard icon on the header bar. (see below)

Tap this button (circled above in red) to toggle between the FX chain for the Bank and the one for the currently selected pad. Doing this means you can stack up a load of FX that only affect a single pad.

Note - you'll need to switch to bank view first (not song view or mixer view, like above screenshot) so that you can pre-select the pad you want to edit FX for.

• edited February 2018

@tk32 Haha! Damn, I knew it was there somewhere. You just toggle the pad icon. Thank you!

I have been focused more on slicing so just getting into applying FX.

• FYI you dont need to switch to bank view, you can select pads in mixer view too ;)

• Still such a noob... thanks guys. With focused making music I just grab ten minutes here, ten minutes there. I really need to carve off some dedicated time and learn the tools.

• edited February 2018

No problem.

All of us ask questions and need a little help sometimes (everyone except @5pinlink)

..he's our favourite resident know-it-all ;)

• edited March 2018

@tk32 said:
    No problem.

All of us ask questions and need a little help sometimes (everyone except @5pinlink)

..he's our favourite resident know-it-all ;)

On that note my reply was pretty poor on this to be honest (Im really ill right now)

What i should have replied was (For purposes of future searches)

The pad button in the effects column switches between bank output and selected pad mode, once you are in selected pad mode, you can then select a pad, either in the mixer or the pad view (big or mini) to select the channel to insert an effect ;)

I think this is slightly unintuitive and will ask @mathieugarcia to change this so that when show pads is activated (pressing the button or double clicking bank channel header) it should automatically be in selected pad mode, and whatever channel you select will be selected also in fx column, this makes sense because even in selected pad mode, you can also select bank output in the mixer too, this will way more intuitive ;)
    Especially considering there is also the lock to stay on bank output if you so wish.