Help - best way to transfer sessions to a new iPad?

edited March 2018 in General

Looking for a bit of help here.. I've tried searching the forums a bit, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I've just received my shiny new iPad Pro 10.5" and even though I've restored from my iCloud backup, BM3 didn't copy over any of my sessions, banks or samples from my old device.

What advice can anyone give me about the best way to transfer BM3 SESSIONS, BANKS and SAMPLES from one iPad to another?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious...

Comments

• Congrats on the new Pro!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks guys,

I'm gonna try the method suggested by Intua above (courtesy of @Optimus) first

• edited March 2018

I zip up the entire folder structure in BM3 and dump it back on the new device bypassing iCloud drive. But not sure if this would be simple for you. This to me is the quickest and safest. Then you just use whatever transfer method works best for you (itunes, cloud storage, etc). Because on reimport when BM3 notifies you to overwrite it's really just merging the folders. Hope this helps some.

• @triton100 said:

@mefisme said:
    I zip up the entire folder structure in BM3 and dump it back on the new device bypassing iCloud drive. But not sure if this would be simple for you. This to me is the quickest and safest. Then you just use whatever transfer method works best for you (itunes, cloud storage, etc). Because on reimport when BM3 notifies you to overwrite it's really just merging the folders. Hope this helps some.

But what about your folder structure. Does the zipped up files keep folder integrity ?

Yes. When you import though, you select all folders from what's inside the extracted zip and place them back as they were. All folder structure integrity is contained. I usually rescan the database after doing this as well to add them to the new bm3 database.

• edited March 2018

@mefisme said:

Thanks @mefisme

Can you access the zipped BM3 folders via iTunes, or would you still have to use a cloud storage for the transfer?

I'm migrating from an old iPad Air 1 so no airdrop available :/

• edited March 2018

@tk32 said:

@mefisme said:

Thanks @mefisme

Can you access the zipped BM3 folders via iTunes, or would you still have to use a cloud storage for the transfer?

Erf? My Air1 has airdrop. Is your bluetooth off?

• You know you can select folders in BM3 and upload straight to dropbox, doesnt even need to be zipped first, same importing.
    I do it bit by bit like this now.

• Thanks for all the tips.

Damn shame the Dropbox quota on free accounts is still a lowly 2gb. they want a ton of cash for the next tier.

Google drive gives you 15gb free, luckily

• I have no idea why Dropbox is the only one built in to BM3, are they the only ones who offer an API ?
    Why dont we have direct transfer pad to pad ?
    Why dont we have FTP ?

• @Audiogus said:
    Erf? My Air1 has airdrop. Is your bluetooth off?

Thanks Gus,

For some reason I always thought AirDrop required NFC. I only ever had one Apple device (my iPad) so never needed it before

• It needs BT4 to work with OSX, thats the only requirement i know of.

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks @mefisme

Yeah. It's just iTunes file transfer. It shows up as an available moveable file. I just do this to have one file to move rather than tons. Also compressed. Less space. Then once you zip, it's pretty much free reign how you move it about (cloud storage choices, iTunes, readdle docs wifi drive or ftp. It all works.)> @triton100 said:

@mefisme said:

@triton100 said:

@mefisme said:

But what about your folder structure. Does the zipped up files keep folder integrity ?

Yes. When you import though, you select all folders from what's inside the extracted zip and place them back as they were. All folder structure integrity is contained. I usually rescan the database after doing this as well to add them to the new bm3 database.

Well looky here I never would have known. That is really useful. And you could probably bypass any other import method by using airport. It’s so fast. Thanks

Your welcome. I use readdle docs to connect to everything. It's just so powerful. Even networked drives and FTP. Use any cloud service or use iTunes. Tons of options.

• @triton100 said:

Best way (only way ?) is to backup iPad to your desktop and then transfer said backup to new iPad through iTunes.

Reading through this thread - just would like to have a clarification: so the "regular" way of restoring your iPad to a new iPad from an iTunes backup should transfer everything BM3 related 1:1 too, right? thanks!

• @gosnote said:

@triton100 said:

Best way (only way ?) is to backup iPad to your desktop and then transfer said backup to new iPad through iTunes.

Reading through this thread - just would like to have a clarification: so the "regular" way of restoring your iPad to a new iPad from an iTunes backup should transfer everything BM3 related 1:1 too, right? thanks!

That's a good question. As long as you've made and restored the most recent backup, you should have an exact restoration. However, I don't use iTunes so I cannot give a clear answer to your question. iOS 11 and Filesystem really changed things too. It may be different.

The way I understand it, it's all docs and data to iTunes. So even restoring should put everything back.