Where in the world are you?

Just thought it'd be cool to get a rough idea of where in the world everybody on the forums is from.

I was born and live in London, UK
(North East side)

Comments

• Belgium, not far from Brussels. Lived in London for a couple of years, though :smile:

• Outer Space

• edited March 2018

The US. Mid North-Central. Sadly in an area with no opportunity and no growth. Wife and I really want to leave. Although beautiful, you can kick any sort of potential success out the window where I’m located. My home is a great place to die. Hahaha.

EDIT. There is also no culture whatsoever. Everyone is a zombie here. No forward-thinkers. No job security or career paths. I live in a town controlled by a select few. It’s crippling to be here.

• US- long island New york.

• @hansjbs said:
    US- long island New york.

Just wanna say FXXK yeah !!!!!

• @5pinlink said:

@hansjbs said:

Yes!!! Resample time.

• @Audiogus that drawing is great!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2018

@Audiogus
    That's me also (if you transplant the drawing over London - and rotate a little)

How long do you get with your iPad on the train each day? I get 60 mins a day uninterrupted (30 mins each way)

• @tk32 said:
    @Audiogus
    That's me also (if you transplant the drawing over London - and rotate a little)

How long do you get with your iPad on the train each day? I get 60 mins a day uninterrupted (30 mins each way)

hehe, exactly the same.

• 🇬🇧Dagenham—Cornwall——————————Peckham——————🇨🇦Victoria,BC————

• I drive 30-45 min to and from work each day, and y’all have me wanting to find a bus/train route instead.

Austin, Texas, y’all! Actually moved to Manor, just about 10 min east of Austin, but no one knows where that is. It’s like living in Mesa, AZ, you just tell everyone you live in Phoenix.

• @GusGranite said:
    🇬🇧Dagenham—Cornwall——————————Peckham——————🇨🇦Victoria,BC————

Stick a pony in my pocket, i'll fetch the suitcase from the van hahahaha.

• @5pinlink said:

@GusGranite said:

Stick a pony in my pocket, i'll fetch the suitcase from the van hahahaha.

Geezah!!

• @triton100 said:

@GusGranite said:

It’s weird I find that living in different parts of the world tend to inspire different amounts of creativity and energy. Like it flows more depending on where I am. Not sure why.

My creative spurt is more like a midlife crisis thing. My new mantra is ‘Be useful. Be creative’. Making sounds is fulfilling the creative urge, I’m still working on the useful bit...

• @GusGranite said:

@triton100 said:

@GusGranite said:

It’s weird I find that living in different parts of the world tend to inspire different amounts of creativity and energy. Like it flows more depending on where I am. Not sure why.

My creative spurt is more like a midlife crisis thing. My new mantra is ‘Be useful. Be creative’. Making sounds is fulfilling the creative urge, I’m still working on the useful bit...

I like this mindset. "Be useful. Be creative." This is an attitude that wins. :)

I actually had a project I started once meant to be used for creative and useful people. It was an affiliation program where everyone involved made each other business. A pooled cooperative team. Everyone was paid through shares and marketing one another. Never started the idea fully. Only with friends and only wrote a business plan. Don't know why your post reminded me of it.

Anyways, enough of my blabber. Cool thread.

• Venice, italy

• @5pinlink said:

@hansjbs said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeah!!!!

• Center of France, not far from Lyon

• This is what I love about iOS and iOS communities it brings people all over together with a common passion music. Even though we bicker,fight,say mean words to each other :D .
    With the way we can connect these days, I’ve made music with people from Canada, Sweden, UK, France, Germany, Africa, Spain...the list goes on. No they were not hits and weren’t released on major labels but the experience and stuff I’ve learned In a couple years are priceless. I’m in a WhatsApp chat group with producers, singers, rappers from many places and consider them family. The chat’s been going on since 2012, can’t believe it. All this because back in 2011 I decided to get an iPad even tho I was against everything Apple :D . Coming from the small island of Haiti 🇭🇹 to migrating to the US back in 1995 when I was 15 (I didn’t wanna leave) music’s always been there. Now with BM3, I’m almost never bored.

• manchester > london > yunnan, china

• South East London

• @WillieNegus said:
    Beats, Beaches and Bitc....nevermind. Ain’t hard to tell where I am.

Nice - I have the same setup with Nanokey studio. Only difference is... I've stopped using Gadget and use BM3 only now ;)

• @WillieNegus said:

@tk32 said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Beats, Beaches and Bitc....nevermind. Ain’t hard to tell where I am.

Nice - I have the same setup with Nanokey studio. Only difference is... I've stopped using Gadget and use BM3 only now ;)

Same. Spend most of my time while on iOS trying to learn BM3 now. Gadget and GB are still the easiest goto to get a loop out tho. It’s almost like cheating man.

I have been cheating with Renoise... it just hit me that I should install it on my laptop for the train...

I... forgot how much trackers are in my DNA... eventually these bits will find their way into BM3... I tell myself.

• @mefisme said:

@GusGranite said:

@triton100 said:

@GusGranite said:

I like this mindset. "Be useful. Be creative." This is an attitude that wins. :)

I actually had a project I started once meant to be used for creative and useful people. It was an affiliation program where everyone involved made each other business. A pooled cooperative team. Everyone was paid through shares and marketing one another. Never started the idea fully. Only with friends and only wrote a business plan. Don't know why your post reminded me of it.

Nice project idea! Maybe you’ll pick it up again one day. Big fan of the cooperative model. My friend co-founded this org: http://development.coop/membership/principle-six/

I try not to get too warm and fuzzy on forums because, well, it’s the internet. But I do like this forum’s mix of focus (BM3), expertise (others’...), banter (thank you 5pin...) and friendliness!

Keep it up, y’all.

• @mefisme said:

@GusGranite said:

@triton100 said:

@GusGranite said:

That sounds like a great project. Maybe you’ll pick it up again one day. Would love to see more cooperatives in action. My friend co-founded this org: http://development.coop/membership/principle-six/

I try not to get too warm and fuzzy on forums because, well, it’s the internet. But I do like this forum’s mix of focus (BM3), expertise (others’), banter (thank you, 5pin...) and friendliness!

Keep it up, y’all.