Is Merging Sessions Possible?

edited February 2018 in General

I have been using BM3 with Ableton link linked with my friend's iPad to create on the stop jams and compositions. BM3 is great for this, and for easily sharing the session files. However I was looking for a way to merge the sessions so they can be worked up further and mixed down. I don't see how to do this, but if there is a way I'd appreciate a tip. If this isn't a feature that I am just missing I think it would be a nice have it in the future.

Comments

• Only way right now is to save banks with patterns, then open all the patterns from all the sessions in a new session.

• How> @5pinlink said:

Only way right now is to save banks with patterns, then open all the patterns from all the sessions in a new session.

How exactly do you do that?

• @antkn33 said:
    How> @5pinlink said:

Only way right now is to save banks with patterns, then open all the patterns from all the sessions in a new session.

How exactly do you do that?

Save bank by long pressing the bank ID (A1, B3) in the sequencer view (song, timeline) or mixer view, or by tapping the three dots in performance view (pads) or edit view (sampler), then tap Save Bank, and tap to enable “Save patterns”. If you’re saving a bank that already existed before, you might want to add something to the name so it doesn’t overwrite the existing bank. When you go to load this bank in another session, be sure to tap “Load Patterns OFF” to toggle it ON before you load the bank.

• Thanks how did become such a beatmaker ninja?

• When he used to carry a katana he was known as 'Ronin G'

Now it's just Ronji for short :wink:

• :joy: !!!
    I've been doing IT work for a long time, and my specialty has really been finding things out and explaining them to others =)