Sharing projects over dropbox

Hi again,
Sorry about being so disconnected from the forum but the iOS11 crackling issue made me wondering about alternative workflows. When first time I approached BM3 it was to make some remix/mashups songs I was considering (still do it) but scene launching, non easy warp markers and updates broking workflow keep me on the fence in learning efforts... until today!
After background comes the new workflow needs... I want to collab with another musician from AB forum and he pointed the wonderful dropbox implementation of BM3 so I’m here to ask about experiences and advices meanwhile I restart to learn how to use BM3 (instead of Ableton) and climb the learning curve.

ATM I work with Blocs_Glitchy_Wave and I was considering export to Ableton (8.2.5 on old laptop) and there build the songs from BW bits but I think it could be a great opportunity to try BM3 as definitive tool for studio/Live. In addition I just bought a Trigger Finger Pro (again and knowing about its bugs and issues) after selling all my novation launch controllers (Launchpad app is broke for me) so BM3 being more open could be the perfect companion and definitive sampler groovebox too.

I will appreciate any advice or feeling about this journey.
Thanks once again,
Dubby

Comments

• edited March 2018

@dubbylabby said:
    Hi again,
    Sorry about being so disconnected from the forum but the iOS11 crackling issue made me wondering about alternative workflows. When first time I approached BM3 it was to make some remix/mashups songs I was considering (still do it) but scene launching, non easy warp markers and updates broking workflow keep me on the fence in learning efforts... until today!
    After background comes the new workflow needs... I want to collab with another musician from AB forum and he pointed the wonderful dropbox implementation of BM3 so I’m here to ask about experiences and advices meanwhile I restart to learn how to use BM3 (instead of Ableton) and climb the learning curve.

ATM I work with Blocs_Glitchy_Wave and I was considering export to Ableton (8.2.5 on old laptop) and there build the songs from BW bits but I think it could be a great opportunity to try BM3 as definitive tool for studio/Live. In addition I just bought a Trigger Finger Pro (again and knowing about its bugs and issues) after selling all my novation launch controllers (Launchpad app is broke for me) so BM3 being more open could be the perfect companion and definitive sampler groovebox too.

Thanks once again,
    Dubby

Hey,

You can refer the below support link from intua regarding Dropbox sharing of BM3
    intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210181426-Importing-Exporting-and-Sharing-Files?mobile_site=true#importdropbox

Adrian Gates
    **Mod edited

• Im still undecided if thats a bot or not, so im just deleting the advert from the posts for now.

• Thanks @5pinlink ;)

I was trying a bit more scenes and looping in the sampler and feel it still a bit “too much” steps but almost get my goals which is encouraging for the first time!

Btw how are you mate? Some time since my last visit here...

• Im good thanks, you ?
    Looping in the sampler, should be fenerally very good jow the new tempo matching (manual) is here, what are you finding isdues with ?

• @AdrianG001 said:

@dubbylabby said:
    Hi again,

Thanks once again,
    Dubby

Hey,

You can refer the below support link from intua regarding Dropbox sharing of BM3
    intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210181426-Importing-Exporting-and-Sharing-Files?mobile_site=true#importdropbox

Adrian Gates
    **Mod edited

Thanks! I get it straightforward even before posting... my doubts are about how to deal with online collaboration and other users experiences, tricks and so...

• edited March 2018

As long as you set up multiple users on Dropbox, it works like a dream, everybody will have the shared collab folder, make sure everybody has the same sample folder locally, that way you only need to update rather than save sessions with samples.

• Dropbox worked properly for downloading. As soon as I finish to port my first BlocsWave song into BM3 I will try opposite dropbox workflow (upload and see how it goes on my partner)

Meanwhile I’m enjoying and seen the light at the end of tunnel with BM3 and audio DAW possibilities. Made me ditch Ableton completely ATM so congrats! :smiley: