Visual bug?

I’ve had this for a few versions. Is anyone else getting this? Wondering what the cause is and why it’s taking intua so long to fix it.

Comments

• Yes its a known issue for a long time now, but because it doesnt actually cause any issues using Beatmaker, I suspect it would prioritize low down the list.

• Not the answer I was hoping for :|

• edited March 2018

There are quite a few other cases where the 'mini pads' from pad-edit view 'shine thru'.
    It will mostly likely get fixed when the 'widget-library' that is in use gets updated...

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Not the answer I was hoping for :|

Probably best to email Intua then, personally it doesnt bother me, i prefer them to working on crashes and broken features.

• @samu said:
    There are quite a few other cases where the 'mini pads' from pad-edit view 'shine thru'.
    It will mostly likely get fixed when the 'widget-library' that is in use gets updated...

Oh, that’s what that is! I was confused as to what I was seeing in the screenshot in the first post. So it looks like @LucidMusicInc has an IAA (or is it auv3?) loaded on a pad, and they’re resampling to other pads with the keyboard view, but either the IAA icon or the auv3 interface is hidden?

• edited March 2018

Its just bleed through, there are tons of those in various different places in Beatmaker, for me it is something to worry about when critical issues are fixed, its just a visual glitch, doesnt effect audio or cause crashes.

• @5pinlink said:
    Its just bleed through, there are tons of those in various different places in Beatmaker, for me it is something to worry about when critical issues are fixed, its just a visual glitch, doesnt effect audio or cause crashes.

True, if it's just bleed through of the mini pads from the sampler view, then it's just a little annoying. But I'm wondering if @LucidMusicInc is trying to ask about another problem. The only time I've seen the keyboard view butt all the way up to the top like that, with no room for an app icon or auv3 interface, is when the pad is configured with Audiobus. If there's no plugin on the pad, and it's just samples, you don't see midi setup or resample pad destination. As far as I've found, so I could be wrong.

@LucidMusicInc are you really just whining about the pad bleed-through? :joy:

• That bug was fixed a few versions ago (Closing AUv3 closed the plugin but not the keys) i assumed this is an old screen shot.

Maybe you are right and he needs to update to latest version.

• edited March 2018

moving MIDI names look xxcked too, jumping about all over the place. Still, xxcked and readable is a definite upgrade over still and the important part of the port name hidden.

• Moving MIDI names ?

• I think @OscarSouth is talking about long names of things auto scrolling left and right? Ever since that feature was added, I’ve mostly noticed names that are only slightly too long appearing to jiggle back and forth. It’s not just midi, but anything with a long name, I believe.

• edited March 2018

Where was that implemented ?
    I have never seen it and @mathieugarcia said in a thread a couple weeks ago it didnt work so well, so it was removed.
    Is it still on some stuff ?

• I noticed the crazy jumping about on the MIDI routing on pads page (lower left quarter of screen). These were iCA4+ names so I think they were really long, they were kind of jittering/moving erratically, inconsistently along the length of the list.

• @5pinlink it was added in 3.0.4 =)
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/23612#Comment_23612
    I've also seen the posts about how it's not quite right, and that is correct. Here's a quick vid, which also shows that I was wrong about the jiggling happening on names that are slightly too long, as these names are actually plenty long.

These are midi destination names, but I feel like I've seen the jiggling with other things too, but again I could be wrong.

• @ronji said:

@5pinlink said:

True, if it's just bleed through of the mini pads from the sampler view, then it's just a little annoying. But I'm wondering if @LucidMusicInc is trying to ask about another problem. The only time I've seen the keyboard view butt all the way up to the top like that, with no room for an app icon or auv3 interface, is when the pad is configured with Audiobus. If there's no plugin on the pad, and it's just samples, you don't see midi setup or resample pad destination. As far as I've found, so I could be wrong.

@LucidMusicInc are you really just whining about the pad bleed-through? :joy:

Yes... em... no? I think it's a legitimate issue!

• :|
    So nothing is wrong, it's just a visual glitch that has no effect on anything whatsoever, as opposed to the visual glitches that actually cause confusion or impede workflow. Yeah?

• @ronji said:
    :|
    So nothing is wrong, it's just a visual glitch that has no effect on anything whatsoever, as opposed to the visual glitches that actually cause confusion or impede workflow. Yeah?

Well tbf, my post didn't say anything about the issues you raised. I was just asking when Intua were going to get around to fixing this mildly infuriating visual bug.

• @ronji said:
    @5pinlink it was added in 3.0.4 =)
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/23612#Comment_23612
    I've also seen the posts about how it's not quite right, and that is correct. Here's a quick vid, which also shows that I was wrong about the jiggling happening on names that are slightly too long, as these names are actually plenty long.

These are midi destination names, but I feel like I've seen the jiggling with other things too, but again I could be wrong.

Never seen those, but the scrolling has been removed as far as i know, maybe that is a left over ?

• edited March 2018

Shame if scrolling has been removed. It's a timesink to have to trial and error which is the correct iCA4+ port. Scrolling but buggy is still a massive improvement over static.

• Full screen menus. Been saying that since version 0...

• Who ever decided to give the midi ports names those long name should have a sanity check of some kind?!?
    There's not need to add 'Audio Buss MIDI' for each port, AB would do just fine...
    (Same goes for long 'brand/app names' for midi-ports).