Bpm midi binding

Has any one successfully binded a knob to Bpm?? Every knob i try either goes direct to 300 up or 32 down...or skips 3 beats...any tips ??
Thanks

Comments

• I tried with touchosc some time ago, seemed to work. I seem to have read somewhere that there’s an issue when you use hardware controllers...

• Thanks for the info..

• Don’t take it at face value. I don’t really know what I’m talking about 😉

• @Paint said:
    Has any one successfully binded a knob to Bpm?? Every knob i try either goes direct to 300 up or 32 down...or skips 3 beats...any tips ??
    Thanks

Maybe an encoder better than potentiometer? Also if behaviour is “code” friendly (or using midiflow) you can do finetunning with pushencoder...

• edited March 2018

Its broke, was reporteda while back by @mefisme ;)

(Maybe i shouldnt have depreciated that bug list lol)

• edited March 2018

I think some people use patterning with link enabled to controle bpm...
    Personally I don’t see the point, since you’ll have to touch your screen anyway.

• Doesnt make much sense considering BM3 has a known bug of not syncing to properly to link lol

• @5pinlink said:
    Doesnt make much sense considering BM3 has a known bug of not syncing to properly to link lol

And there’s that, too. Though it shouldn’t really be noticable as long as patterning is muted, I guess. Pointless as it might be (to me) 😇

• A touch screen knob turn is the most tedious task for a person used to knobs....just a personal preference 😉

• BPM isnt a knob it is a slider (Probably the best one in Beatmaker) and left and right arrows or double tap key entry, it is a very comprehensive control, personally i double tap and enter the BPM, a hardware dial would be extremely tedious to me.

Not that it matters, its a bug and needs to be fixed at some point.

• Double tap & enter....Thanks 5pinlink...One problem less..✌👍🏾

• edited March 2018

No problem, this one has gotten a few people in the past ;)
    I hate a lot of dials in BM, but the tempo entry is nice.