Patterning < BM3 sample folder

Been on the radar for ages and saw its on sale. Might grab it. Anyone know if I could browse/import samples to it from my BM3 samples folder?

Comments

• edited March 2018

Personally i find patterning a little annoying, for me it is one of those IOS apps that looks great when you see it, should be great considering the touchscreen, but just feels alien because of various things.
    Loading samples for example, you will find it easy enough to import samples from BM3, but they have to be imported, then found in user samples, then loaded to a pad, you cant just load to a pad, all a bit "IOS is a pain" and very pre IOS 11.

A nice overhaul could have it kicking serious ass, but it just feels like an IAP showroom.

• edited March 2018

I bought it 4 days ago for full price :-)

But I like this app.... It's real easy to create dynamic moving beats.. Using different steps per bar, play backwards etc. It looks really good and you can send midi to Beatmaker so you can sequence AU synths...

• @5pinlink said:
    Personally i find patterning a little annoying, for me it is one of those IOS apps that looks great when you see it, should be great considering the touchscreen, but just feels alien because of various things.
    Loading samples for example, you will find it easy enough to import samples from BM3, but they have to be imported, then found in user samples, then loaded to a pad, you cant just load to a pad, all a bit "IOS is a pain" and very pre IOS 11.

A nice overhaul could have it kicking serious ass, but it just feels like an IAP showroom.

I didn't think it had IAP? Are there IAP for features or just for kits? Not an issue if just the latter.

Ideally it would be AUv3 for ios use. But I'm mainly looking at this for use with other gear, a lot of good feedback on hardware forums, so not a dealbreaker for me on this one. And as long as it responds to IAA transport I'll probably be able to get some good use out of it in BM3 too.

Probably grab it later today unless I find something better/weirder out there.

• @SlowwFloww said:
    I bought it 4 days ago for full price :-)

But I like this app.... It's real easy to create dynamic moving beats.. Using different steps per bar, play backwards etc. It looks really good and you can send midi to Beatmaker so you can sequence AU synths...

Thanks. Yeh the features look good. The per step stuff and sequencer flexibility. Ui looks fast too.

• @Heyez said:

@5pinlink said:

I didn't think it had IAP? Are there IAP for features or just for kits? Not an issue if just the latter.

Ideally it would be AUv3 for ios use. But I'm mainly looking at this for use with other gear, a lot of good feedback on hardware forums, so not a dealbreaker for me on this one. And as long as it responds to IAA transport I'll probably be able to get some good use out of it in BM3 too.

Sorry, could have worded that better, no there are no IAP kits, it just has a browser designed for such, the kits are all free.

• @5pinlink said:

@Heyez said:

@5pinlink said:

Sorry, could have worded that better, no there are no IAP kits, it just has a browser designed for such, the kits are all free.

From what I read the kit browser is largely community based tho and free/simple to upload/download right? That seems like a good thing to me, not a negative?

• Yeah it just doesnt suit me or get used at all, sorry i shouldnt really have commented, my mustake ;)

• @Heyez said:
    Been on the radar for ages and saw its on sale. Might grab it. Anyone know if I could browse/import samples to it from my BM3 samples folder?

It's quite easy actually.

In patterning tap on the 'Sample Waveform'. Tap 'Import' and choose 'iCloud'(Which is practice is the DocumentPicker/Files.app UI), tap the Browse icon and go to On My iPad->BM3 and so on...

• Pretty sure thats what i said, you will have to import it, you cant just load it lol