[Solved!} Noise Gate Solution for BM3

2»

Comments

• This is the internet, not kindergarten, we have already had a couple of people leave because of the nonsense round here (and surprisingly according to your comments, nothing at all to do with me)

You completely misunderstood my entire post, but honestly i dont really care anymore, do what you like.

• edited April 2018

BM3 needs a basic noise gate, and the very long and wordy comments in this thread can come across as pretentiousness or “grandiloquence” (which is a word I just found via googling when people use big words unnecessarily) and can turn away users/readers. Brusfri seems to be an awesome noise reducer which may use lots of tiny gates or whatever to accomplish what it does, but it is not a basic noise gate. A basic noise gate opens at a threshold and then closes, in between all sound passes unfiltered, which is not what Brusfri does. @5pinlink basically said don’t shit on people’s posts or requests with grandiloquence, or he will call you on it, but he could care less if you do it to him.

Maybe. =)

Edit: also this article
    https://lifehacker.com/using-big-words-doesn-t-always-make-you-sound-smarter-1737035773

• edited April 2018

Anti  (Apple) up in here. I’m leaving this thread. I’m just stupid and in kindergarten apparently even though it’s all good info and I was trying to be nice to all. everyone is somehow misinterpreting each other because I explored a gate with my 2 1/2 year old without a manual because he can’t read yet and tried to exercise how a kid learns by myself as well. Wake up people. Anti-educators here. Or maybe not anti-educators but a set of educators that have bad attitudes. Or maybe not bad attitudes but a set of educators too hard or strict. Or maybe some who view their own power and knowledge as absolute. I’m out. Have fun. :). None of you seem to get it. Kids are going to be using this stuff someday. Be nice. Break your own generational gaps down. Appreciate culture. Appreciate all.

Oh and here is more of my narcissistic attitude. Hate all information if it’s not a strictly defined noise gate. you’ll never learn how to even make a noise gate because a logic gate is evil. Hate on information because it’s just no good. And we’re all just dumb creatures. Later. Maybe forever.

• edited April 2018

Since when did everyone in the world become so emotionally fragile?

These forums represent a diverse mix of people (men, mostly) all of whom share a hobby/career and appreciation for mobile music production and BM3 in particular.

We all occasionally go off-topic, but when there's a feeling any one of us has accidentally ventured into egotism or narcissism (which can happen to any of us), then somebody else usually calls it out. You don't have to look that far back through these forums (or any others for that matter) to see many other examples of this situation playing out.

By calling it out, this is not meant to offend or ridicule the person, or be anti-education, it's just to remind them (as a friend would) to keep on topic and in the best interests of the forum and group.

• edited April 2018

@tk32 said:
    Since when did everyone in the world become so emotionally fragile?

These forums represent a diverse mix of people (men, mostly) all of whom share a hobby/career and appreciation for mobile music production and BM3 in particular.

We all occasionally go off-topic, but when there's a feeling any one of us has accidentally ventured into egotism or narcissism (which can happen to any of us), then somebody else usually calls it out. You don't have to look that far bank through these forums (or any other for that matter) to see many other examples of this situation playing out.

By calling it out, this is not meant to offend out ridicule the person, or be anti-education, it's just to remind them (as a friend would) to keep on topic and in the best interests of the forum and group.

Handshake. :) This response is logically sound. My error is this. I haven’t kept on topic because I was told not to. I listened and followed a command given by another and another rather than ignore it because the response seemed against my exploration before I could even address how I’ve been exploring it. Anyone would have to read the entire thread to see all errors of all and even reason anything any one individual has typed.

The problem is I also like to explore and some don’t. My error was testing something against AND/OR for the world and it’s individuals opinions. I did so in a thread that has a title (a name, topic, whatever...), and somehow it became off topic because of a total of 3 persons and their comments. Some of that information from two I have liked AND/OR disliked. What I should have done was create a new thread and I also failed to PM people who are important to me and discuss with them directly. I can’t explore each persons output/input individually, casually, relaxed, forceably or simultaneously sometimes. In fact, I have even more stuff going on with me that’s an awesome story in itself. Strange stuff. Especially even the original back and forth with 5pin that we usually do and is harmless. I was originally going to post something after his original post before Aztec but outside the internet while I was testing something in Brusfri, a whole other strange experience happened. I never was able to post even that happening. Oh well, maybe a good read someday.

However, Here is what’s strange to me. All of a sudden...

Name of original topic to thread has meaning. So now I’m right back to another thread. Beatmaker 3 and it’s name. Because this thread just proved a “name” of anything matters. Just not right now for the bigger stuff I suppose or even us “beatmakers”.

Enough of my mouth, I was misdirected. Since I’m good at shutting up and resolving errors of my own...Here’s what I will do....

Silence myself and handshake you all. That is logic peers and a valid apology. And I can say I love you all.....Because I do and want to. No big right? Awesome.

Simple response to the original topic since everyone already posted what’s available so far:
    Noise gates are cool. Try them all. Support devs. Make music. Have fun!

Narcism ended. Perception of fragility by others ended. My opinion ended. Really poor jokes ended.

Peace out!

• @mefisme said:
    I haven’t kept on topic because I was told not to. I listened and followed a command given by another and another rather than ignore it because the response seemed against my exploration before I could even address how I’ve been exploring it.

I am just going to say, in case anybody reads that and thinks I have told anybody what to or indeed not to post, I never have and dont think i ever would (That is outside of attacking other users, which all seems a bit silly considering the size of our community)
    If you feel the need to attack somebody, then attack me, preferably in PM, it keeps the forum tidy.

• @ronji I have read a worse article than the one you linked to, but I can't remember when...

• @futureaztec ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The article wasn’t as “mean” as another article I found, but it did link to the Princeton paper published n 2005. I feel like a good point from the article is knowing your audience.

At any rate, I bought Brusfri last night and it’s amazing to me how good it is at noise reduction. It’s auv3 and can kill the noise of real time audio input signal, which is fun to experience with headphones in a noisy room. I know there are other ways of reducing noise, but $15 US for an auv3 plugin that can do this seems well worth it to me. I’ll be experimenting more with sound recording now, starting with a finger snaps bank I started last night.

A noise gate plugin would still be nice for different types of effects.

• edited April 2018

@ronji I like this one ¯_(ツ)_/¯ hehe....
    Sometimes I swear when I use unfamiliar words so that I don't lose my audience. On the other side, I tend to forgive speakers on their foibles and look for the content in their speech. One of my heroes, Richard Rorty, has a distinct tone that can sound arrogant, but after having read so much of his work and understood what he is all about I know that his accent just comes from being so focused on his work over the years. It is just the same as when I am down on the docks, I don't inversely judge the crab fisherman for their drawl -- I have always liked the differences. If there is a word that seems out of hand in a forum, just look it up or ask a question. Sometimes people are well aware of how they might come off to others, but they decide to be themselves anyway hoping that everyone can look past, or in some cases, prefer any eccentricities (is there a better word for that that is simpler -- I don't know it if there is).

Regarding Brusfri -- it pretty much seems like an awesome solution to the original question I had about a gate when I started this thread. I prefer it to the Cubasis one for my purposes, though I do also like that gate as well.

Here is another gate effect I was goofing around with if you have Audulus:

http://forum.audulus.com/discussion/15699/has-this-gating-effect-been-achieved-in-audulus#Item_24