Record Notes in pattern view

It would be nice to record notes directly in pattern view by hitting the right boutons

Comments

• edited April 2018

Yes. Would be great to have a make note button, as well as a select next button with directional dpad type thing to move around, lengthen /shorten, even velocity and other common parameters. Have slide for big jumps and increments for small adjustments. It could all sorta be a pop up GUI that is brought up when u select a note tool next to the box select and other tools down at the bottom of the grid. Even scroll the current grid res between note lengths. That would take care of the frequent frustrations of accidental deletes, overshoots, etc. This could massively speed up workflow.

****Apologies if this has been suggested, trying to make my way through the forum posts... This is one of the areas I’m feeling a little clumsy on BM3, step sequencing in pattern view.

In the past I have liked just placing 4 to 16 notes and adjusting each one with knobs, this if midi mappable could accomplish that nicely.

• So like a floating GUI, temporary... Selected notes can all be adjusted, or make new note creates one at beginning of selected track, then tap on d pad to move it one grid jump, or tap-slide to move several. Same with other Params, all in ghost GUI thing. Would be amazing for fine tuning patterns.

• edited April 2018

Could even have make note, d pad LR adjusts position, up down adjusts length, select next to adjust next, add next for adjusting multiple notes, grid does resolution and view, and a pitch/velocity one - all using same d pad...

*** I realize there are currently ways to do all these things, but I am a big fan of ‘tools’, especially considering the lack of hot keys in iOS... A note tool in the midi editor would be great. Cheers.

• @znomusic said:
    It would be nice to record notes directly in pattern view by hitting the right boutons

+1. An option to use onscreen Keys whilst in pattern edit view, split screen like Cubasis, would be cool too.

• @scottsunn said:
    Yes. Would be great to have a make note button, as well as a select next button with directional dpad type thing to move around, lengthen /shorten, even velocity and other common parameters. Have slide for big jumps and increments for small adjustments. It could all sorta be a pop up GUI that is brought up when u select a note tool next to the box select and other tools down at the bottom of the grid. Even scroll the current grid res between note lengths. That would take care of the frequent frustrations of accidental deletes, overshoots, etc. This could massively speed up workflow.

Bm2 does it so it is possible

• edited April 2018

Everything is possible, but just because it is in BM2 does not mean it will make it over to BM3, sometimes developers move past previous ideas.

FYI though, this one has been asked for a few times now ;)