SOLVED -Possible to delete packs or rename them or stop them from showing up in the pack section?

edited April 2018 in Support

I have downloaded some packs from the store and have saved the banks from these packs to my own packs that I named and created myself for my own pack structure, using the edit pack feature. I’d like to clear out these (empty) store packs now, but they still show up. And I can’t seem to be able to get rid of them. Anyone know how to delete them ?

Comments

• Do you mean in the tags ?
    You may need to rescan database if you have deleted the tags but they still persist.

• edited April 2018

@5pinlink I mean packs. There’s two tagging possibilities. One where you create a pack and can assign your banks to. And one with tags for instrument categories. For packs, rescanning and hard reset gets rid of packs you have created yourself but doesn’t seem to get rid of store bought ones where you have moved the banks out into your own packs.

• edited April 2018

Rescan and Hard reset doesn't delete user tagged packs, never has, if it is doing so you need to contact Intua support immediately, there is something wrong with your install.
    Just checked two rescans and two hard resets here and non deleted any user packs i have tagged.

Also i just retagged the Ashes Kit 01 to a different pack and it automatically removed itself from the Ashes pack tag, so no idea why yours aren't.

FYI packs are tags, they are the highest tag form ;)

• I’ve just tested and also confirmed that after deleting all of the banks in the Starter Pack, the tag name is still there in the browser, even after deleting the folder from the Purchases folder and rescanning the database. I have not tried a hard reset yet, but I will later (rescan and hard reset are not fast for me due to the amount of samples I have I guess). I would think a database rescan would get rid of tags that don’t apply to anything, and failing that I would think a hard reset will do the trick.

• edited April 2018

He hasn't deleted the folders/banks, unless i misunderstood him, he repacked them in to his own packs, so he couldn't have deleted them.
    Delete the folders/banks and rescan, the tags will be removed immediately.

• edited April 2018

@5pinlink they said "I’d like to clear out these (empty) store packs now" and I'm not sure of any way they could have done this without deleting the originals after they "have saved the banks from these packs to my own packs" to which they conclude "Anyone know how to delete them ?". And as I said, I deleted all of the banks in the Starter Pack tag, first using the tag search in the browser, filtering on the Starter Pack. And after a rescan didn't clear the Starter Pack tag, I deleted the empty folder "Starter Pack" from the "Purchased" folder and rescanned again, and yet the tag remained. I've now completed a hard reset of the database, and NOW the Starter Pack is gone from the list of pack tags in search, and the pack doesn't show as installed in the store (wheras it still did up until the hard reset). That seems like a bit far to go, though.

I might be bothered to test this all over again after reinstalling the Starter Pack, if it's still unclear that this issue is confirmed.

• Also I'm hesitant to suggest the database hard reset, as I believe we confirmed that this clears out favorites, which I don't think was fixed yet.

• Dont bother testing again dude.
    "saved the banks from these packs to my own packs" so i assumed he didn't delete banks, he just retagged them to his packs, my mistake.

I can't actually confirm because it simply isn't doing it here, if i delete a bank and reset database, all the tags for that bank are gone unless there is something else still using the same tags.

• @5pinlink have you tried it with any packs from the store? I know you said you're not into that sorta thing, but perhaps you could try with a free pack like the starter pack?

• I tried the Ashes kit, is that not from the store, i assumed i had downloaded it or something ?

• Anyway, downloading starter pack now ;)

• edited April 2018

Yeah, there's an ASHES pack that includes 7 banks, but looking at them now I see they're not in the Purchases folder, they're in the Sessions\Futurist folder. I'm thinking this is an issue specific to the Purchases folder. =)

• OK, starter pack installed.
    Changed a bunch of banks to a different pack, all worked as expected.
    The starter pack tag remains, but the banks are actually tagged with the new pack name.
    Rescan database, starter pack tag remains.
    Hard reset of database, starter pack tag is removed.

So yeah if you have favourites you are in a bit of bother, personally i never use any tags at all.

• Thanks for testing guys. Just to recap, so I ‘retagged’ the banks from store bought packs to my own packs, deleted the associated folders in browser / documents / purchases, rescanned and hard reset, but the store bought packs still shows up in the tag browser ...

• Solved:

Reason why the packs were still showing up in the tag browser was because even though I had retagged the banks associated with the pack, the individual samples from those banks were still tagged to the original pack. So after retagging the pack you have to retag the samples in the sample browser too. This is what slipped me up. I would have thought that if you retagged the pack it would also automatically retag the associated samples to the new pack too. But it doesn’t. Then of course you need to do a hard reset after.

• @5pinlink said:
    Dont bother testing again dude.
    "saved the banks from these packs to my own packs" so i assumed he didn't delete banks, he just retagged them to his packs, my mistake.

I can't actually confirm because it simply isn't doing it here, if i delete a bank and reset database, all the tags for that bank are gone** unless there is something else still using the same tags**.

Hehe

• @5pinlink said:

@5pinlink said:
    Dont bother testing again dude.

I can't actually confirm because it simply isn't doing it here, if i delete a bank and reset database, all the tags for that bank are gone** unless there is something else still using the same tags**.

Hehe

Yes you were right. I didn’t even think to check the tags in the sample browser though, as I took it that they would automatically be retagged to the same new pack-name as their associated bank. It ‘seems’ unintuitive that they are not. Not sure. Can’t think of what the advantage of it being this way would be.

• edited April 2018

That is just the way tagging works in general, a sample is not a bank etc, so they do need to be tagged separately, here is an obvious advantage for you...
    I have an 808 folder of samples that i tag the samples 808/kick, 808/Snare etc etc.
    Now i create and tag a kit (bank) called 808 dry, then another called 808 Driven with overdrive added to each hit, this can go on and on with various different kits, all using the same 808 samples.

It is just how tagging works to make life easier, personally i hate tags, that is why i try to get people to use the forum folder structure, it is vastly superior to tagging to organise files from day 1 in my opinion, when you search around the folder structure in BM3 it is exactly the same as the folder structure in the files app etc.

• @5pinlink said:
    That is just the way tagging works in general, a sample is not a bank etc, so they do need to be tagged separately, here is an obvious advantage for you...
    I have an 808 folder of samples that i tag the samples 808/kick, 808/Snare etc etc.
    Now i create and tag a kit (bank) called 808 dry, then another called 808 Driven with overdrive added to each hit, this can go on and on with various different kits, all using the same 808 samples.

It is just how tagging works to make life easier, personally i hate tags, that is why i try to get people to use the forum folder structure, it is vastly superior to tagging to organise files from day 1 in my opinion, when you search around the folder structure in BM3 it is exactly the same as the folder structure in the files app etc.

@5pinlink said:

Right. I see, cool.

Folder structuring is useful. I have that as well I like the pack and tagging system too though. No idea why. I think it’s the UI I like more, rather than tapping into folders. But will probably end up using both.

It’s quite easy to add tags to an entire folder by ‘selecting all’, so should be quite quick to tag an entire folder structure, giving the best of both worlds.

• edited April 2018

Oh lots of people swear by tags, i just hate them personally, not saying others shouldn't use them ;)