›

BM3 Battle #07 - BANK💢BANK💢 (Deadline March 31st for banks, 14th April for songs)

12346»

Comments

• @ronji said:
    Things I finally learned this battle:

• turning up the buffer to 1024 eliminates the crackles
    • trimming the pads that use a small bit of a long sample or turning disk streaming on can greatly reduce RAM usage

damn I wish I could hit that many tracks without causing issues, but, its all samples or are there AU's as well?

• @nkdVKNG all samples from the battle packs! but I did have a lot of AU fx running, too. 2015 iPad Pro 12.9

• edited April 2018

OK i know i can't win my own contest but here's 2 beats w/ the pack

Number 1 (those 5pin bassssses!)
    https://weeklybeats.com/starpause/music/complicated-chapter

Number 2 (started with gusgus and sludged around from there)
    https://weeklybeats.com/starpause/music/interactive-submission

• That just links to pictures, is there some music somewhere ?

• @ronji said:
    Things I finally learned this battle:

• turning up the buffer to 1024 eliminates the crackles
    • trimming the pads that use a small bit of a long sample or turning disk streaming on can greatly reduce RAM usage

Nice work! Love the pad u made and the subtle sidechain action...

• @tk32 said:

tk32 - Gaijin Desu

Loving the chip tune vibe, nice one

• edited April 2018

@d4d0ug said:

Nice sparse-ness to this one, would be good to mix in a dj set, and I appreciate the visuals, nice addition cheers

• edited April 2018

@5pinlink said:
    That just links to pictures, is there some music somewhere ?

Uhg, weeklybeats UX is crap... there IS a play button hidden on the page... lets see do bandcamp embeds work here?

Number 1
    https://starpause.bandcamp.com/track/complicated-chapter

Number 2
    https://starpause.bandcamp.com/track/interactive-submission

Edit: Nope!

• So these submissions are really great, and so are the two bonus tracks you shared, @starpause, but how's about you throw up a voting thread? ;)

• edited April 2018

That was 100 bpm, not 140 ha!

• edited April 2018

Better late than never. LOL...

• This needs a vote thread.

• @5pinlink said:
    This needs a vote thread.

We were waiting for @starpause (as host) to manage the vote thread... but if he hasn't done it in the next few hours I'll make one instead.

• Got the melody from @tk32's track stuck in my head today. Well done =)

• edited April 2018

Yeah thanks, but my track badly needs re-mixing and remastering..

I did it all on headphones (including an iOS master in final touch) and only realised afterwards how harsh and tinny and lacking bass it sounds.

At least the melody sticks ;)

• A word of warning..

Beware trying to do mid/side EQ mastering on headphones (especially if you're an amateur).

It can really fuck your track up :)

• @DeanDaughters Thanks! All of the entries are great!

• edited April 2018

Im going to just put this out there, anybody else think @tk32 should just organise each months comp ?
    Just have a thread where people can post ideas for future comps.

• Happy to do the honours and manage the battle admin if everyone is OK with @5pinlink's suggestion.

Speaking of suggestions, Are there any good ideas for Battle #8?

• edited April 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Im going to just put this out there, anybody else think @tk32 should just organise each months comp ?
    Just have a thread where people can post ideas for future comps.

And

@tk32 said:
    Happy to do the honours and manage the battle admin if everyone is OK with @5pinlink's suggestion.

Speaking of suggestions, Are there any good ideas for Battle #8?

I’m also fine with that. It could be a group effort, too, in the unlikely event that @tk32 is unable to visit the forum on a daily basis. =p or at least just some communication on who is gonna do what.

• edited April 2018

Winner should always get first choice at what next comp should be i reckon ?

• edited April 2018

Lets gather a list of cool ideas from across all users.. then the winner has something to pick from (or just pick their own)

It might even draw more entrants? (wishful thinking)

• Yeah im thinking it might get a few more casual entries, you never know.

Start a new thread for competition ideas, then we can keep the first post updated with a list of ideas, so the thread doesnt need to be fully read.