Folders for sessions

Apologies if already requested. I find the search facility in this forum not to be the best. Ie you can’t put in two words as far as I know.

Comments

• Can you elaborate on your request? There are folders for sessions already, so maybe I’m not understanding.

• @ronji said:
    Can you elaborate on your request? There are folders for sessions already, so maybe I’m not understanding.

Looking to put my sessions into folders either dated or by genre etc. So far it’s just a list. You can already create folders for them ?

• Yeah, and it seems to work just fine. I hadn't done this before, but just tested and it seems to work great.

• So the "just a list" you're talking about is probably in the search/tag section of the browser, and the sessions will still be listed in a long list there, even after you put them into subfolders, but you could edit the packs. All user created sessions by default go into the "user pack" but I'm assuming you could retag them in a similar way you'd like your folders to be set up. That way you could tap the "all packs" button and then choose the pack, but I don't think the list of packs can be sorted, so that might not be the best way. Seems it would be easier to go into the folder section of the browser and then into the Sessions folder, which is sorted alphabetically.

• @ronji said:
    So the "just a list" you're talking about is probably in the search/tag section of the browser, and the sessions will still be listed in a long list there, even after you put them into subfolders, but you could edit the packs. All user created sessions by default go into the "user pack" but I'm assuming you could retag them in a similar way you'd like your folders to be set up. That way you could tap the "all packs" button and then choose the pack, but I don't think the list of packs can be sorted, so that might not be the best way. Seems it would be easier to go into the folder section of the browser and then into the Sessions folder, which is sorted alphabetically.

Thanks !

• Hi @groovey !

Ss @ronji suggest, you can tag specific sessions to group them and filter them in the browser in Library mode. To do that, pretty simple, open the browser, press edit, select the sessions, and hit "Edit Pack". From here, a new panel will appear, press "+" and enter a name. Don't forget to press the Set 'XXX' button on the bottom.

The process is a bit long but then you'll be able to easily filter by content.

On a side note, I personally like to favorite/star items I'm currently working on.

Done!

• @mathieugarcia thanks mathieu. I’ll do that. Is there anyway of being able to organise the packs somehow, either alphabetically, or even drag and drop the order around or something similar ?

The only issue with the starring option is that favourites disappear if there’s a hard data reset.

• Hey @groovey ! The browser, in library or files mode, sorts results alphabetically.
    You can probably prefix your sessions, banks or samples with a letter to achieve that.

Regarding the favorite getting removed on reset, it's in the backlog and will be addressed in a future update.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia The list of results in library mode is alphabetical, but the list of pack tags is not, so it can take some time just to find the pack(s) you want to filter by.

• Oh right @ronji ! Added to the backlog, then! :-)

• @ronji @mathieugarcia It’s only a small thing but it really makes all the difference in workflow and making a slick app slicker. Thanks!

• True, file / content management is a core part of the workflow. Every little bit helps.
    The pack feature is great but is still in its early stage.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.