How do you load multiple kits into same project?

edited March 2009 in General
Having a difficult time figuring out how to use several kits on the same track? Example is I loaded one of the pre loaded kits. The 16 pads have their pre assigned loops and I can record as many layers in the sequencer as I choose. But when I want to load other kits to include drums from another kit - it seems to erase my current project.

I know this is a dumb question so please be gentle! Thanks for your help.

btw, this application is down right brilliant.

Comments

• edited 12:12PM
    I cant seem to find out how either?
    Thanks for the reply A3ON, there must be a way to do this. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to reply with solution.
    I think there are a few, more detailed rundowns of how to do this in the "Showcase" section... but the simple answer is that you can only have one kit playing per song. The work-around is to export your individual parts/kits as loops then load them each on a single pad. For example, lets say you built your drums using a specific kit that included 16 pads worth of drums... well, if you export the drum parts as 2 or 4 bar loops (any length actually), then you could load each loop on a single pad within another kit. So you open a kit that has all the keyboard sounds you want, but then you load a drum loop on one of your pads. Repeat for your different parts... bass, synth, whatever.
    I think there are a few, more detailed rundowns of how to do this in the "Showcase" section... but the simple answer is that you can only have one kit playing per song. The work-around is to export your individual parts/kits as loops then load them each on a single pad. For example, lets say you built your drums using a specific kit that included 16 pads worth of drums... well, if you export the drum parts as 2 or 4 bar loops (any length actually), then you could load each loop on a single pad within another kit. So you open a kit that has all the keyboard sounds you want, but then you load a drum loop on one of your pads. Repeat for your different parts... bass, synth, whatever.

Count> Thanks for the reply. That is a good workaround. Just wonder why this cant be done within the current menus and options. Exporting to the desktop and importing back into iPhone doesnt allow you to flip between sets onthe fly.

Maybe they can include this feature in a future update. Again, brilliant app but this does seem to be a needed addition.

Any other suggestions and ideas are appreciated.
    Hi s0licitor,

Im not sure if i understand you right, but you dont need to export to pc desktop, you can save as an internal wav on the phone then reload/start new project and assign recorded wav to new pad.