Is deleting a session or sample permanent?

Or is there a way of recovering say your last deletion ?

Comments

• edited April 2018

The last time i tested...
    If you delete via B3 Browser then it is gone for good.
    If you delete via Apples files app, it is sent to a "Recently deleted" folder like a desktops trashcan.

I haven't tested for a few months though, so it may have changed.

• I believe @5pinlink is correct. Perhaps a recycle bin feature request is in order for deleting things in the BM3 browser. Deleting items in the song itself, such as deleting a bank or pad or pattern, is undoable, presumably thanks to a behind the scenes recycle bin.

• Thanks guys. (Serious sad emoji face and long sigh as he attempts to rebuild his mistaken deletion)

• =(
    Depending on how bad it is, if these items existed yesterday and you backed up your iPad (iCloud, iTunes, manually) before you deleted the items, you could restore the backup. You should create a new backup before you restore to the old backup, then restore the old backup to get the things you need, back those up individually, restore your more recent backup, and then import those individuals backups... That's a big if, and a tiresome process, but it could save you a lot of work, depending on what you lost with the deletion.

• @ronji that is such a good idea. I knew I should post for help here before I started rebuilding in case. I checked my last iCloud backup and it was yesterday. My deletion was today. So I may still have it. Worth a try. I will do a complete restore and hope for the best. No need to do a backup now beforehand, as the last backup I need is so recent from yesterday. And the only changes on my iPad since then are from beatmaker. Thanks

• @groovey hope it works for you! This is the main case for iCloud backup, I think, at least for me. Even if it’s a sucky and slow process to restore, at least if you manage to plug your iPad in overnight, you will have a painless automatic backup refreshed, something you can restore to between whatever your main backup process might be.

• @ronji said:
    @groovey hope it works for you! This is the main case for iCloud backup, I think, at least for me. Even if it’s a sucky and slow process to restore, at least if you manage to plug your iPad in overnight, you will have a painless automatic backup refreshed, something you can restore to between whatever your main backup process might be.

Exactly! Thanks !

• Having a trash wouldn't be too hard to implement but I feel the iCloud alternative is a good one for now.

• how would I go about re-downloading the stuff from the ASHES pack and a few others? I was going to reinstall the app but Im scared it will delete sessions

• @nkdVKNG said:
    how would I go about re-downloading the stuff from the ASHES pack and a few others? I was going to reinstall the app but Im scared it will delete sessions

Download them from the store again

• I had to reinstall. futurist and ashes 1 arent on there from what I saw

• @nkdVKNG said:
    I had to reinstall. futurist and ashes 1 arent on there from what I saw

Clean reinstall should reinstate everything perfectly. I just did it the other day. Depending On when you backed everything up though of course.

• Yeah, I don’t think there’s a way to redownload the ASHES pack because it’s not in the store, it comes in/with a demo session with the app. There should really be a redownload option for it! Until that happens, perhaps someone should create a downloadable pack by zipping and uploading to Dropbox =)

• The ASHES pack is bundled with the app and installed on a fresh install. So you basically backup the app and re-install, this way you get a nice backup for your work and a fresh app.

See: https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000027994-Making-a-backup-of-your-content-using-iOS-Files-app

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• edited April 2018

Some apps include a feature to 'restore factory content'.
    I have not dug into the BM3 bundle but I presume the factory content is a *.zip file that is extracted on first launch.
    So in theory it should be quite easy to add a similar feature to BM3.

• @samu Exactly and actually that would be a good idea to recover them without the need to re-install!