Arturia iSpark

Anyone using it? Is it any good? It's had hardly any updates but I've got a Spark LE so would love to use that with the ipad.

Comments

• Guess no one is using it which is a shame. :smile:

• It was a good app when released, but Arturia has washed their hands of it. No updates in years now. Supposedly still works and is pretty fun with the LE, but $20?

• It’s a very nice drum app with good features. Expensive IAPs that I’ve never purchased.

Rozeta template MIDI notes:
    iSpark 1 = 60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67
    iSpark 2 = 68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75

Have asked Bram Bos if it’s possible to update Rozeta with these.

• @aaronp said:
    It was a good app when released, but Arturia has washed their hands of it. No updates in years now. Supposedly still works and is pretty fun with the LE, but $20?

Exactly bit cheeky. Arturia just don't seem to care. :-(

• edited April 2018

I own iSpark and the companion Spark LE controller, I’ve never used it with BM3 but I’ve used it stand alone on some tracks and as a VST in Reason 10 on the desktop. I thought it had huge potential as a great beat making tool. But the support from Arturia just has not been there.

Seems like a waste, I wanted a round trip workflow between iOS/PC/MAC and this tool was looking like a contender.

I was hoping Arturia would build on the Spark platform (maybe even make it a DAW or at least a sampling beat production environment)

It had performance features built into the hardware that made it very logical for studio and live music performance.

• @urbanimages said:
    I own iSpark and the companion Spark LE controller, I’ve never used it with BM3 but I’ve used it stand alone on some tracks and as a VST in Reason 10 on the desktop. I thought it had huge potential as a great beat making tool. But the support from Arturia just has not been there.

Seems like a waste, I wanted a round trip workflow between iOS/PC/MAC and this tool was looking like a contender.

I was hoping Arturia would build on the Spark platform (maybe even make it a DAW or at least a sampling beat production environment)

It had performance features built into the hardware that made it very logical for studio and live music performance.

Yeah that pretty much sums up my thoughts. Can you sample import on it though?

• @The_Bro said:

@urbanimages said:

Yeah that pretty much sums up my thoughts. Can you sample import on it though?

Yes, you can import WAVs. See pg 28: http://downloads.arturia.net/products/ispark/manual/iSpark_Manual_1_0_0_EN.pdf