Propper Session Export Technique

I want to be sure I'm exporting propperly so that anyone can open my session and have at it.

http://gorehole.org/filerun/wl/?id=4m4HReFsJB0qQG1cyv0RatWUzInNtqnf&mode=regular

The smaller file is just selecting the session in the file browser and hitting "export"

The larger file is doing a "save as..." and checking Copy samples, Save banks seperately, Save patterns within banks.

If someone snags the smaller file is that enough to play the song back? Or do I need to do the "save as..." copy everything technique for people to be able to use my project?

Also asking as if "people" is myself in the future 🙃

Comments

• You will need to save all audio with the session, unless the audio is already on all the devices you intend to open it on.

Example...
    If i create a session using inly sounds i created from the samples available in the free content that comes with B3, no export needed, just upliad thesession file.

If i create a session that uses custom samples i created/imported/recorded and are only available on my device, i need to do save as and make sure all samples are saved with the session for export.

• edited April 2018

FYI tutorials is just for tutorials etc, if you post it in general or support, it will get more views ;)
    Moved for you.

• @5pinlink said:
    FYI tutorials is just for tutorials etc, if you post it in general or support, it will get more views ;)
    Moved for you.

Thank you for the explaination and sorting!

• One more question... if I do a "save as..." at the start and check all the "Copy samples, Save banks seperately, Save patterns within banks" do those settings get applied to the project so everything will be sucked into it? or do i have to do it at the end either way?

• I would only ever do it if the project is being shared or archived.

• @5pinlink said:
    I would only ever do it if the project is being shared or archived.

I was thinking the same, but glad you mentioned it as well. Beneficial for my 16gb iPad havin ass self?

• edited April 2018

Yeah so so, I like to keep a core of samples on my devices that are my go to stuff, and maybe a folder that is being sorted, but i dont keep a huge core, at some point you have to choose making music vs browsing samples.

I still have about two years left of browsing old drives/CDs/Cassettes of samples i have recorded and still not used, sometimes you just have to hit delete hahaha.

But yeah, with a core of go to samples, backing up should only ever be what you recorded for that specific session, just make sure the core is always available in the future.

Working that way and not installing much bloated software/games, I have a 32gb Mini2 that i barely ever get near 8 gig.

The problem is nowadays we have this never ending dream cycle of 4 gig pianos etc, 16gb on an old hardware sampler (essentially what B3 is a copy of at its heart) would have been mind blowing haha.