DAWCassette (tape saturation) AUv3 effect by Klevgrand

Just picked up this new AUv3 effect today, after experimenting with a browser based demo about a month ago (now taken down)

https://klevgrand.se/products/dawcassette/

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1368962464

It's launching at £7.99/$7.99 which is 38% off full price

This can add some really lovely tape saturation warmth to drum breaks, or give you instant Boards of Canada sound (if that's more your thing)

Here's our new forum buddy Doug Woods putting it through its paces...

Comments

• Download SetDrums in Resources to hear a Cassette being used to super overdrive drum hits, if this works as expected you should be able to get nice round basses and roll off highs on cymbals but keep their power, great for resampling.

Keep in mind that extreme settings are needed for this sort of stuff, so better to do it on individual hits and resample, I just drive stuff in to an old tape deck via a really crap mixer, then resample.

Looking forward totrying this plugin :)

• Can you up a screengrab and check install size when you get chance @tk32, i shall make the relevant thread ;)

• edited April 2018

Install size is 4.2mb

• Looks good, gotta love a decent saturator.

• lol fly dirt is gonna be dropping a tape effect shortly as well

• Just used it on some tracks. Love this plugin. Adds some nice frequencies in the mix where I needed it due to my originals being too clean.

• edited April 2018

@stoozart said:
    lol fly dirt is gonna be dropping a tape effect shortly as well

Hehe lol fly

(I think I am holding back for that one actually)

• They all basically suck compared to Toneboosters Reelbus.

• Then hurry up and get your buddies at Toneboosters to start porting to AUv3 ;)

• Wont happen, not worth the effort, they cost nothing on desktop.

• @5pinlink said:
    They all basically suck compared to Toneboosters Reelbus.

BM3 should be a VST host.

• To be fair most of this stuff can be done stock in B3, but thats for a different thread.

• of course... but i am a simple man who likes the fun of a big stop/pause button and spinny tape graphics.

• Damn I need that tape app from msxiisound

• Welcome to the world of AUv3 impulse buying

It's hard to resist when they usually only cost the price of 1 or 2 coffees :)

• Luckily i dont drink coffee hahaha.
    I have limited myself to one IOS purchase and one PluginBoutique special a month, so about £15-20 a month or less, but then it is likely i have spent vastly more than most on music gear over the years.

• edited May 2018

@tk32 said:
    Welcome to the world of AUv3 impulse buying

It's hard to resist when they usually only cost the price of 1 or 2 coffees :)

I’m always hearing this expression thrown around and am curious as to who are these people that drink so much coffee. iOS users must have very high Adrenalin levels

• I think it's mainly Londoners (and New Yorkers) in general, I think

Too uptight and stressed all the time.

• Its everybody, even book shops have Costas in them, its the modern day smoking.

• I use a pint of beer as my reference point to purchasing an app. Less adrenaline.

• JDBJDB
    edited May 2018

@5pinlink I have no idea how people can drink tons of coffee, I drink one cup and feel like I’m on a coke comedown.

• edited May 2018

@JDB said:
    @5pinlink I have no idea how people can drink tons of coffee, I drink one cup and feel like I’m on a coke comedown.

I have a cup about once a year to see if my taste buds have changed, so far i get the biggest headache i have ever experienced, without fail, but i don't have any caffiene at all.

• Maybe we should start using breakfast and lunch instead :D