External Midi sent through un-enabled track.

Can anyone else replicate this?

I'm using a Launchpad Pro, BM3, and some external synths. When using the Launchpad Pro as a midi controller, midi messages still get sent through tracks to the external synth no matter if the track is record enabled or not.

Basically, on a 'bank' track, set the Midi input to Launchpad Pro Standalone Port (actually, I think any external keyboard would work). Set the Midi Output to your external synth. Go to Song page and play from the Launchpad while turning on and off the record enable (red dot).

This is basically making external midi controllers impossible to use with BM3 for me...

Comments

• Record enable is just for enabling record, not for disabling anything else, what set up are you trying to achieve ?
    Maybe Mute would work.

• Basically using the same midi controller to control multiple external synths at the same time. I want to be able to play them one at a time, recording in loops, just like the other banks.

Mute doesn't keep the midi from passing through either

• @ichthyoid said:

Check the settings and change the mixer mute behavior to mute audio and midi, and see if that works. Otherwise, perhaps turning on Omni mode might work, which sends all midi to the selected pad. You’d need to make sure the correct pad is selected in the perform or edit screens.

• Yeah Omni is probably your best bet (Another case of Omni needs to be a button direct on the UI)

• oh man, i thought the mute would work. But it only sort of works. The mute also mutes the midi on the arranger.

Basically, let's say I have a launchpad (controller), BM3, and a couple volca synths that I want to control with the launchpad. I begin looping a beat with BM3, then I want to add some loops with the volca (using the Launchpad). The problem is, when I play the launchpad, both volcas begin to play. And even if I mute the on and record with the other, and then go back to record on the first one, those extra notes keep hitting both volcas.

The only way around this i've found so far is to disconnect the midi from each bank before I continue. But that's a lot of work, and kind of kills the flow of looping live...

I thought it would be a record enable bug, because a lot of daws i've worked with, when you take the record enable (or monitoring) off, that track stops sending any midi.

• edited May 2018

@ronji said:

@ichthyoid said:

Check the settings and change the mixer mute behavior to mute audio and midi, and see if that works. Otherwise, perhaps turning on Omni mode might work, which sends all midi to the selected pad. You’d need to make sure the correct pad is selected in the perform or edit screens.

i actually don't know what this means O.o the select correct pad part, i mean.

• Make sure the pad that you want to send MIDI from is selected.
    I doubt this will work on reflection anyway, you want to send an entire banks MIDI to one piece of external hardware.
    Using Omni would be sending MIDI from a single pad to individual pieces of external hardware.
    So pad 1 would be hardware 1, pad 2 would be hardware 2 etc.