Anyone using fly tape msxll with bm3 ?

edited May 2018 in General

Does fly tape by msxII have automation recording abilities in BM3 ?

Comments

• Sorry, didn't buy this yet as I'd already picked up DAW Cassette the previous week.

I suspect this might be the same with other users here.

• I don’t even know if you can use Fly Tape to reproduce the sounds of DAW Cassette, and there’s no dry wet settings. If DAW Cassette has more options to tune the cassette sound, but Fly Tape has some performance fx that make it a different type of plugin. I’m still considering picking it up for those things. They need to redo their preview demo though, as the visuals are of the buttons being pressed, but the audio just seems to be a 70s song, with no fx. Seems odd.

• @tk32 do you like daw cassette. Are it’s parameters automatable (is that a word?) in bm3 too?

Fly tape seems like fun though it’s just a simple few effects, and funny to think that all of its functions already come built into garage band but noone raves about GB in the same way. I guess as it doesn’t have a funky looking 80s cassette UI

• I’m using it, you can select the show all knobs at the bottom left and assign the buttons/knobs to the macros, that’s as far as I’ve gotten. I can tell you the shutter button causes a cpu spike, hope they fix it soon cause I fricking love this app!!!!!

• @selfinflict3 said:
    I’m using it, you can select the show all knobs at the bottom left and assign the buttons/knobs to the macros, that’s as far as I’ve gotten. I can tell you the shutter button causes a cpu spike, hope they fix it soon cause I fricking love this app!!!!!

Yeah it looks like fun but unless I can record the parameter changes into bm3 I will pass.

• edited May 2018

I don't know exactly how the internal signal chain works.. but I'm not surprised that the special wind-down effect causes a massive spike, it must require over 500ms of look-ahead buffer to work properly.

Place the effect on the master bus channel and you can probably imagine how hard BM3 has to suddenly work in order to feed a summed audio buffer into the plugin for processing.

• @tk32 said:
    I don't know exactly how the internal signal chain works.. but I'm not surprised that the special wind-down effect causes a massive spike, it must require over 500ms of look-ahead buffer to work properly.

Place the effect on the master bus channel and you can probably imagine how hard BM3 has to suddenly work in order to feed a summed audio buffer into the plugin for processing.

I said the shutter button, not the tape stop.. the shutter button is a beat repeat style effect.

• Sorry for the mixup, and that's weird.. the shutter effect shouldn't be as cpu intensive (i would think)

Maybe I should stop commenting until after I've bought/used it :)

• edited May 2018

If the shutter is a repeat effect, then it depends how they have implemented it, it shouldnt cause CPU spikes (Emphasis on the shouldn't, and taking in to account the fact that i dont really like this developers ideas on things) but may cause a RAM spike that is showing as a CPU spike because we have no RAM usage meter ?

• Either way I hope they fix it, seems like this developers apps tax the iPad cpu/ram I really hate that.