Bm3 and Zeeon

edited May 2018 in Support

Hi
I’ve moved to an ipad(2018) and chose Bm3 as my daw, so far it’s great and it works well with my op1. I only have one problem tho, while using zeeon as au plugin and record a simple midi sequence (poly) I can notice Bm3 starts to get out of sync and having like a slight weird interruption after a few bars being played. Has anyone else experienced this?. I’m using a Scarlet 8i6 interface with my ipad but i guess that’s not the problem

Comments

• Is it the weird thing where the pattern suddenly speeds up and sounds glitchy?

If it's this you can go to pattern edit view and you'll be able to see the 'now position' cursor go like double time or something at the point that it glitches out. I get this often. Not sure what causes it, seems like 'maybe' something to do with recording midi notes in to a loop and info getting overlapped or something if played notes are longer than the loop brackets. Pure guesswork though and maybe this isn't even the bug you're hitting, just sounds familiar from your description..

• Heyes, thank you for replying. I’m not sure if I’ve found what you said, could you post a picture of the behaviour?. Also I think Zeeon as plugin might be a bit buggy, it has crashed on me like 2 times when I try too many things. Also in Garageband has a weird behaviour too, not related to sync like in Bm3

• edited May 2018

Btw, I’ve noticed if I’m in the plugin window, there’s no glitchy behaviour, but when i’m not looking at the synth gui and go to the song view it starts to behave like I’ve described

• Do things improve at all if you change the latency settings? Set it to 1024 samples?

• @ronji said:
    Do things improve at all if you change the latency settings? Set it to 1024 samples?

Not at all, I´ve just tried and I think it´s worse (I've moved from 128 to 512 and then to 1024)
    Really strange behavior

• @ulonix said:
    Btw, I’ve noticed if I’m in the plugin window, there’s no glitchy behaviour, but when i’m not looking at the synth gui and go to the song view it starts to behave like I’ve described

Maybe screen cap a short video to clearly illustrate what's happening?

• Sure, here is the link:
    At the start I show the plugin opened, no problems...then when i go to song view, after a few bars it starts to behave weird
    https://wetransfer.com/downloads/990d8c6c9a29fe201cb57e7f17d6337620180520092233/88d1655931eea13bf7c68df63569e6e520180520092233/d72c2d

@Heyez said:

@ulonix said:

Maybe screen cap a short video to clearly illustrate what's happening?

• For some reason my comment from yesterday was not posted, I had a link attached to it. Heyes I sent a PM to you with the link

• Ok, I will try again.
    LINK:
    https://wetransfer.com/downloads/990d8c6c9a29fe201cb57e7f17d6337620180520092233/88d1655931eea13bf7c68df63569e6e520180520092233/d72c2d

-On the first part I show Zeeon running, UI is active, no problems at all. After that I move to song mode and then it starts to get glitchy/out of sync.

• I´ve contacted BeepStreet also, and they told me to restart my ipad, everything seems to be working fine. Last thing I did was updating to the latest version of iOS. I think the problem is gone now

• edited May 2018

This may be an obvious point (in which case, apologies)... but I always suggest that people do a full restart after upgrading iOS.

I've had all kinds of app weirdness in the past (including with BM3) that completely went away as soon as I restarted. :)

• Thank you, I think it´s a really good advice, I´ve learned the lesson!.

@tk32 said:
    This may be an obvious point (in which case, apologies)... but I always suggest that people do a full restart after upgrading iOS.

I've had all kinds of app weirdness in the past (including with BM3) that completely went away as soon as I restarted. :)

• edited May 2018

Edit: these are the posts that were delayed i guess...

Here the link for the video...
    At the start everything works well, after that when I close the GUI and move to song mode the behavior after a few bars starts to be a bit weird (out of sync, glitchy...)

• edited May 2018

• Can confirm Zeeon acting strangely. 2017 Pro. Crashes and is glitchy when away from its interface. Notes stuck.

• @jstrotter said:
    Can confirm Zeeon acting strangely. 2017 Pro. Crashes and is glitchy when away from its interface. Notes stuck.

And does restarting your iPad solve the problem? If it only solves it temporarily, how long til the problem comes back?

• edited May 2018

Nope. I’ve noticed that on my 2017 Pro I get lots of problems other people can’t duplicate.

For example, the midi panic in BM3 never works under any circumstances for me. So just now I got a stuck note in Zeeon and had to unload and load the plugin again. I have to do that ALL the time.

Many AUs and IAAs act weird for me in BM3.