Elastic Drums is stealing all my time away!!!

Holy Guac, really digging on EDrumz. Automation Avalanche!!!

Only problem with it is that I get so excited everything turns into balls to the wall techno. Or maybe I just need to learn how to relax a bit....

Has anyone got any cool tricks for integrating with BM3? I've had a few crashes now using IAA, but nothing too brutal. Mostly just patch it into AUM though. Hopefully AU comes, because those drumsynths would be rad in BM3 - so long as it retains all the automation.

Comments

• edited April 2018

@scottsunn said:
    Holy Guac, really digging on EDrumz. Automation Avalanche!!!

Only problem with it is that I get so excited everything turns into balls to the wall techno. Or maybe I just need to learn how to relax a bit....

Has anyone got any cool tricks for integrating with BM3? I've had a few crashes now using IAA, but nothing too brutal. Mostly just patch it into AUM though. Hopefully AU comes, because those drumsynths would be rad in BM3 - so long as it retains all the automation.

Great app. I end up just going to town in the app and then exporting the best grooves to my drum loops folder in bm3, rather than trying to patch everything through or use iaa. It seems to be the less headachy option and just as good

• Keep reading lot of good things about ED.. Probably my next purchase...

• edited April 2018

Elastic Drums sampler with start and end automation is quite fun and the FX can be nice and trippy. I geeked out on it for quite a while. Never got into the synth side much.

My fetish of the day is Groove Rider GR16, absolutely loving this for both the synth and the sampler. BM3 is becoming more of a swiss army knife for me now. Will see if 3.1 pulls me back as a full on sketcher (err wait, I have only lapsed for a week, hah!). Maybe too many app options these days heh. I gotta really hunker down at the desk again and finish some stuff eventually....

• @Audiogus said:
    Elastic Drums sampler with start and end automation is quite fun and the FX can be nice and trippy. I geeked out on it for quite a while. Never got into the synth side much.

My fetish of the day is Groove Rider GR16, absolutely loving this for both the synth and the sampler. BM3 is becoming more of a swiss army knife for me now. Will see if 3.1 pulls me back as a full on sketcher (err wait, I have only lapsed for a week, hah!). Maybe too many app options these days heh. I gotta really hunker down at the desk again and finish some stuff eventually....

I went through your love of groove rider for about three weeks. Came straight back to B3...

• @groovey said:

@Audiogus said:

I went through your love of groove rider for about three weeks. Came straight back to B3...

yah i am hoping 3.1 drops by the time my GR fetish wears off. I just got frustrated with the super fragmented automation situation in BM3 right now so i did Cubasis again for a bit, which has awesome automation and okish (eh not really) timeline audio editing but found the routing / fx situation too weak after using BM3 for a while. Wish i was stupid rich and could fly all these devs to Gus Island to design my mobile Homer Car Daw. Anyway, looking forward to dumping these GR stems to PC in the meanwhile.

• @Audiogus said:

@groovey said:

@Audiogus said:

yah i am hoping 3.1 drops by the time my GR fetish wears off. I just got frustrated with the super fragmented automation situation in BM3 right now so i did Cubasis again for a bit, which has awesome automation and okish (eh not really) timeline audio editing but found the routing / fx situation too weak after using BM3 for a while. Wish i was stupid rich and could fly all these devs to Gus Island to design my mobile Homer Car Daw. Anyway, looking forward to dumping these GR stems to PC in the meanwhile.

Automation can be a bit cumbersome in bm3. It needs some developer tlc. Timeline audio edit in Cubasis is pretty good though especially compared to b3s which is almost non existent. I still come back to b3 every time though...

• @groovey said:

@Audiogus said:

@groovey said:

@Audiogus said:

Automation can be a bit cumbersome in bm3.

Not only that but a lot of various AU parameters simply don't automate in BM3 yet whereas they do in Cubasis. Apparently fixed or vastly improved in 3.1 though. There are various other bugs too. fingers crossed!

It needs some developer tlc. Timeline audio edit in Cubasis is pretty good though especially compared to b3s which >is almost non existent. I still come back to b3 every time though...

I can't just sit in one anything anymore which is a shame. I think the fragmented places I get my tune on is a big part of that. Couch, desk, train, lineups all have different grooves and different setups or apps fit them.

• I was reading about Elastic drums, it looks really interesting. I´m not sure if it´s better to have my drum kits/beats on this plugin or just store them as banks in BM

• I ‘d say it depends on how you work and how good you are at housekeeping 😉 I like both ways, depending on the situation, however, these days I do only buy audio units...