ENDED: BM3 Battle #8 - Acapella-Go (Winner is Audiogus)

edited May 2018 in BeatMakers Showcase

VOTING CLOSED.

The winner of Battle #8 is Audiogus

Congratulations to Audiogus, and for everyone else on the quality of the entries.

@Audiogus - look out for a PM from @5pinlink later today with a redeem code for your prize (a copy of @brambos' Perforator)

We hope all of you join us for next month's challenge - which, as custom dictates, we hope Audiogus will do the honour of setting in the next day or two.

Original post:

On behalf of @ronji (hope he doesn't mind):
Thanks to everyone who entered, the quality and range of entries was phenomenal.

Please take time to listen to all 8 entries before casting your vote and if possible, post a quick message below explaining who you chose and why they got your vote.

NB - Voting is only open for 48 hours from now, so please don't sit on this as the winner will receive a free copy of Perforator AUv3, generously donated by our good friend @brambos :)

In order of submission...

@Gravitas

@GusGranite

(Download)

@tk32

@denx

@Audiogus

@nkdVKNG

@starpause

@ronji

Comments

• Voted. Cool entries from everyone. @Gravitas was another level though, for my tastes. And personal taste is all it comes down to at the end.

• Nice tracks peeps :) @GusGranite gets my vote. Cool otherworldly vibes, good stuff!

• FYI, I've added some 'producer's commentary' to my track (by commenting on SoundCloud) that explains a little about how it was made.

• @groovey said:
    Voted. Cool entries from everyone. @Gravitas was another level though, for my tastes. And personal taste is all it comes down to at the end.

@groovey
    Thank you

• it was hard to choose between @Audiogus and @denx , but I finally voted for @denx !

• edited May 2018

I wonder If we could even lure @mathieugarcia out here to cast a vote when he next takes a break from making 3.1 ;)

Something tells me he'd like @GusGranite's entry

• @Sygma said:
    it was hard to choose between @Audiogus and @denx , but I finally voted for @denx !

Thank you, I am truly honoured!

I must say its a hard choice, the more I listen the more difficult it becomes, such marvellous diversity 😊

But I’ve got only one vote, and it goes to @Audiogus. So balanced, clever, and yet touching, I love it!

• How do I unvote? I voted for myself by mistake to test something but I honestly prefer @Audiogus version over my own anyday.

• @nkdVKNG said:
    How do I unvote? I voted for myself by mistake to test something but I honestly prefer @Audiogus version over my own anyday.

I don’t know. If it’s not possible to cast more than one vote, you could try again and it would shift? Anyone?

Otherwise enjoy your vote, you deserved it 🙂

• @Heyez said:
    Nice tracks peeps :) @GusGranite gets my vote. Cool otherworldly vibes, good stuff!

Ta very muchly!

• Really tough choice but my vote went to @Gravitas. This sounds like a backhanded diss but in the first two minutes of the track it sounded a little like the parts were trying to lock step but not fully jamming, and then in the last minute it all came together and sounded so sweet. Top effort.

@ronji was up there for me as well with his wicked drum rinse.

• There are 3 different entries I want to vote for.. for completely different reasons. Aaargghh!

• @nkdVKNG said:
    How do I unvote? I voted for myself by mistake to test something but I honestly prefer @Audiogus version over my own anyday.

Oops! I don't know if that's possible. Do you have any ability to affect votes in your thread, @tk32? Or @5pinlink? If there's no way around it, we'll just have to keep this in mind when we tally up =)

@GusGranite Thanks for the honorable mention! It sounds best in headphones, as that's how I mixed it, but it sounded rubbish in my car hahaha. I still need to work on my mixing! I may have scooped too much of the mids from my bass.

• edited May 2018

It's impossible to modify the poll, unfortunately. If you even blow on it gently the whole thing disintegrates like a desiccated moth carcass.

I'll make a mental note to give @Audiogus +1 at the end (and -1 to @nkdVKNG, of course) ;)

• @GusGranite said:
    Really tough choice but my vote went to @Gravitas. This sounds like a backhanded diss but in the first two minutes of the track it sounded a little like the parts were trying to lock step but not fully jamming, and then in the last minute it all came together and sounded so sweet. Top effort.

@GusGranite
    No worries dude, thanks for the vote.
    I posted up the second version of my remix.
    The first version was much nicer all round.

• @ronji - mixing on decent headphones is possible if you remember to use well-mixed reference tracks for comparison. Find a few tracks that sound awesome everywhere, and match your bass levels with those.

• @tk32 said:
    @ronji - mixing on decent headphones is possible if you remember to use well-mixed reference tracks for comparison. Find a few tracks that sound awesome everywhere, and match your bass levels with those.

Ya, and I've done that previously, just didn't get to do my best with this one. This is a good tip for anyone though!

• Nah poles are a clusterfunk on Vanilla forums, nothing i can do my end unfortunately.

• edited May 2018

@ronji sounds phat as floock in this car im in, nothing wrong with that tune, its a banger !!!

@tk32 donf forget to get wavs or minimum 192 mp3 from entries that want to be on the mix tapes ;)

• edited May 2018

Thanks for the reminder 5pin...

Message to all battle entrants..

We are aiming to turn these battles into mixtapes, so please could all of you either enable downloads on SoundCloud, or provide a separate hi-res link to your track (just like @GusGranite did with his Dropbox link above)

• @Gravitas said:

@GusGranite said:
    Really tough choice but my vote went to @Gravitas. This sounds like a backhanded diss but in the first two minutes of the track it sounded a little like the parts were trying to lock step but not fully jamming, and then in the last minute it all came together and sounded so sweet. Top effort.

@GusGranite

Just had another listen and I’m being too harsh! Your track is a beauty. Do you have much other stuff to check out? Looking forward to hearing more.

• @GusGranite said:

@Gravitas said:

@GusGranite said:

@GusGranite

Just had another listen and I’m being too harsh! Your track is a beauty. Do you have much other stuff to check out? Looking forward to hearing more.

@GusGranite
    Thank you for listening again though I agree with you
    the front end could've been better.

I have another ermm seven soundclouds with my material on it.
    The soundcloud I've been using for BM3 is my most recent.
    If you would like to hear more I'll post up the links or pm you.
    Which ever you prefer.

• Craving another challenge... wandering aimlessly, need direction!

• @5pinlink said:
    @ronji sounds phat as floock in this car im in, nothing wrong with that tune, its a banger !!!

Gracias señor, you're too kind!

Bouta listen to all these subs finally and vote.

• I feel like I say this every round and I don't wanna sound like a broken record, but hats off to everyone because all of these tunes are freakin awesome. That said, @denx got my vote. You knocked this one out of the park @denx!

• Hey-Oh!

This was crazy hard to decide!
    I went back and forth on this and back again and back some more....
    Great work to everyone who got something submitted!

@Audiogus got my vote :)

• edited May 2018

Quick updates:

1. 24 hours to go until the vote closes. Thanks to all who've voted so far
    2. @Audiogus started slowly but has now taken the lead (if you include the +1 he gets from @nkdVKNG's 'accident' ;)). Can AudioGus retain the lead through the next 24 hours, or will we see a new lead emerge? @Gravitas is hot on his heels!
    3. Please don't forget to provide us with downloads for your tracks. As i mentioned previously, @5pinlink has generously offered to make us a mixtape with all entries so he needs better quality versions.
    4. Fingers crossed @starpause and @ronji pick up a vote before this thing ends.. their tracks sure deserve it. As I've said before, when you have 8 entries and only about 12+ votes, probability dictates 1 or 2 entries will come away with no votes, even if their tracks are very close second favourites :(
    5. Finally, thanks to the two people who voted for me, both of whom chose to remain anonymous.
  • And @nkdVKNG also deserves a vote ;)

I'm going to have another go at mixing my track before providing the download. I'll also get download links for my previous submissions!

• Of course, I meant to include @nkdVKNG too

• Aww, thanks for the votes. :)