Synthmaster One...

Comments

• @Audiogus said:

@groovey said:
    What does 4 x sampling do?

I am not sure of the math but the magic of 4x oversampling is that it smooths things out. Takes the grainy out of the high end and makes the bass full and roundy, not thin and choppy. A visual metaphor would be texture filtering and antialiasing in 3d graphics. Makes it sound like a real full grown vst heh.

Here is an example posted on the AB forum of the beta...

Oh, cant wait!

Thanks 👍

• The update dropped and now you can select 2x-4x oversampling. =) you can change it per preset or force it globally.

I’ve never used Massive or Serum personally, just watched and listened to them being used, so I can’t really compare them. I’m really digging SynthMaster One. =)

• @ronji said:
    The update dropped and now you can select 2x-4x oversampling. =) you can change it per preset or force it globally.

I’ve never used Massive or Serum personally, just watched and listened to them being used, so I can’t really compare them. I’m really digging SynthMaster One. =)

It’s pretty phenomenal I have to say. This for me is almost a one stop shop synth for almost any sound I need. Unreal

• How heavy is it on cpu? Model D and the likes tend to heat up my poor air2 rather quickly...

• @denx said:
    How heavy is it on cpu? Model D and the likes tend to heat up my poor air2 rather quickly...

Apparently it’s supposed to be super cpu efficient

• Not impressed enough to buy it yet to be honest, but i already own too many synths.

• @groovey said:

@denx said:
    How heavy is it on cpu? Model D and the likes tend to heat up my poor air2 rather quickly...

Apparently it’s supposed to be super cpu efficient

Thanks!

@5pinlink said:
    Not impressed enough to buy it yet to be honest, but i already own too many synths.

Exactly (only software, though)! But if it’s as good or better as the stuff I have, AU and light on the cpu, it might be worth it... can’t seem to make up my mind 😕

• I wasn't fully sold until it got the 4x oversampling and I started messing with an init patch. Done! This is a new bar just like BM3 was. The mod matrix needs some work but the water is warm. Get the fawk in! ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    Not impressed enough to buy it yet to be honest, but i already own too many synths.

Mr 5pinlink, Synthmaster One isn't just one "another Synth"...

Here we talking probably the most fun to program and best sounding Synth ever to iOS!
    I'm in love!!

• @Audiogus said:
    I wasn't fully sold until it got the 4x oversampling and I started messing with an init patch. Done! This is a new bar just like BM3 was. The mod matrix needs some work but the water is warm. Get the fawk in! ;)

Well, ok. But this has to stop. I have to eat, too 😂

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@5pinlink said:

Here we talking probably the most fun to program and best sounding Synth ever to iOS!
    I'm in love!!

" to IOS"
    I'm not just IOS and Serum seems better than this for what i do personally, again, just me, nobody else, just me.

• @5pinlink said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@5pinlink said:

I'm in love!!

" to IOS"
    I'm not just IOS and Serum seems better than this for what i do personally, again, just me, nobody else, just me.

Me too. If Serum were on iOS and I had to choose I would have got it instead.

• edited June 2018

I'm completely sold.

This just makes me want to build patches and fill the gaps in my synthesis knowledge.

I'm not currently using desktop DAWS at all, and haven't for 4 years, so 'best on iOS' is best in the universe for me.

• Yeah i tgink if you are IOS only and make sny kind of bass music, @ronji short video was enough to show it is the best synth available on IOS.

Definitely one for me to buy in the future.

• Ok last random video for this thread =)
    Two instances of SM1, some automation

• Don Ronji...

I'm impressed.

• edited June 2018

I found this YouTube runthrough pretty useful (ignore the fact it's using the desktop version and UI). Shows how much power there is just with the oscillator section...

BTW - bluffmunkey is one of the guys who contrinuted factory presets to the synth

• edited June 2018

Nods to FSOL

• Good stuff @Audiogus =) How much of that was from SM1?

@tk32 I learned some stuff from that video, like if you tap and hold on the fx list items, you can choose from more filters (like his right click trick), but note that currently it's hella unintuitive, because the list doesn't pop until you release the tap. for now, count a full second. also, we're missing lots of cool presets that he goes over in the video. why didn't they include them all?? anyone have the desktop version of this and perhaps wanna test sharing the other presets to your own iOS copy of SM1? ;)

• While watching some videos I happened upon an intro video by kv331 - tap the about page to register and get 200 more presets, to bring you to 500. They also send you a 30% off coupon for the desktop software, and if you own the desktop version then you can enter the serial to get the complete list of factory presets.

• @ronji said:
    Good stuff @Audiogus =) How much of that was from SM1?

Thanks Ronji, that was 100% SM1 drums and synths with nolimits, FAC stuff etc

• @Audiogus nice! I assumed you had used something else for drums, and possibly even other extra sounds (no idea why). Very cool =)

• edited June 2018

Thanks @ronji! Here is another, some outside drums this time.

• So lets get this straight then, Synthmaster is so good that nobody could upload a screengrab and install size hahaha.

• edited June 2018

Install size is 257.7mb
    (NB - i have the 200 additional factory presets you get from registering. Not sure if this increases the footprint slightly or not)

What that screnshot fails to show is that the plugin scrolls horizontally, and is actually about 3 times as wide as this.

• But it only goes to its full size UI in Gb right ?

• @5pinlink or in standalone mode. I haven't found a way to see the wavetable view unless in full view, either.

• Thats a shame, i don't really like that colour scheme vs the desktop version either, is that changeable ?

• @5pinlink said:
    Thats a shame, i don't really like that colour scheme vs the desktop version either, is that changeable ?

A darker skin is coming soon

• I think the dev showed fullscreen AU working in Bm3 on his end now.