Double Pattern (workflow)

In bitwig (and probably Ableton) there is a “pattern X2” button which doubles the length of the pattern and fills the 2nd half with a duplicate of the first. An extremely useful workflow enhancing tool.

Unless I’m just not seeing it, in BM3 this is not possible and achieving similar result requires extending length then going to arrangement page then copying and pasting notes then back to pads. Much slower.

Please could we have this X2 button?

Thank you

Comments

• @askewd should be possible to duplicate patterns and then merge them, I think?

• @askewd should be possible to duplicate patterns and then merge them, I think?

Without leaving pads mode?

• @askewd said:

@askewd should be possible to duplicate patterns and then merge them, I think?

Without leaving pads mode?

Well no. But repeat or duplicate, select and merge seems quicker and less fiddly than the process you described, so I figured it would make your life more pleasant in the short term 😁

• edited June 2018

Duplucate and merge as suggested, you cant compare like for like features with Ableton or Bitwig, do either of those even have a pad view ?

While a pattern double or pattern double speed or pattern half speed are all needed, they would by definition all be in song view not pad view, that just makes sense, you simply cant have every feature available in every view.

• Sorry I don’t mean pad view, I mean from the pattern helper/selector. Pad view because that’s where I’m building up the patterns with the pads. The "double" feature is an great workflow tool in pad/clip type tools such as Maschine etc

As an example use case, say you’ve made a drum loop of 1 bar and want to double it without breaking the creative flow that you’re in jamming, maybe so you can add a fill at end... just tap the double button.

Best

• Oh yeah pattern helper view, agreed 100%

More more more quick pattern tools in that view needed for sure.
    Personally i would like a list of actions, so we can make super simple scripts and add them to the UI ourselves, pattern helper example with already available actions.....
    Duplicate+Merge=Pattern double length.

That is how Reaper works and it is a revelation, the basic UI/X of the app rarely changes, the developer just adds features, if you want to use them or combine them to make more, you do so and add them to your menus/UI as you see fit.

• edited June 2018