Browser scrolling

I have large library containing thousands of samples and although I have folders set up it would also be nice to use the main samples tab list. The problem is that with so many samples it’s impossible to scroll to further down the list - it takes tonnes of finger swipes &minutes to get further down the list.

It would be great to be able to grab the scroll bar handle to go much quicker to bottom of list.

Furthermore it would be cool for a button to take me to a random sample

And finally, would be cool to be able for the list to be displayed in random order / size order / date order etc

Cheers!

Comments

• Sorting options get a big + from me (in all browser views)!
    The other suggestion would be nice too of course 😊

• A lot of this is down to poor housekeeping, IOS nor B3 are a magical solution to lots of files, even on the desktop we use folders for organisation, do the same here (Go look at the forum resource folder setup)

• @5pinlink said:
    A lot of this is down to poor housekeeping, IOS nor B3 are a magical solution to lots of files, even on the desktop we use folders for organisation, do the same here (Go look at the forum resource folder setup)

As mentioned in original post I already have folders, set up meticulously infact 😀

However my point/request is that it’s also nice to use the bm3 indexed list on the "samples tab"... I don’t think it’s a big ask to allow a faster way to scroll through it. That’s all. It’s fine with small amount of samples but not when you have like 40 gigs worth .... 😉

Cheers

• edited June 2018

Use more tags, this is exactly the same on any vast sample browser, B3 works as well as Maschine, which is known for having a great browser.

Personally i find all tagging systems terrible including Maschine and B3, but they work as intended.

• For the record i do agree completely with "Grab the scrollbar" request, its a great idea.
    (requested previously too ;) )

But if it is a struggle scrolling, then more folders or more tags should always be your first stop.

• But if it is a struggle scrolling, then more folders or more tags should always be your first stop.

Cool thanks 👍. Yeah I’m happy with the folders method, I actually spent a month solid sorting & organising my Mac based sample library, which has now been cloned to the iPad.

It’s just I find the indexed sample list also quite fast and inspiring ... I love happy accidents when making music , so to be able to randomise that list ,or simply quickly scroll through to random sections , would be lovely. ❤️☀️

• Random is asked for quite a bit, not my thing personally, but trust me a lot of users want that sort of stuff ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    A lot of this is down to poor housekeeping, IOS nor B3 are a magical solution to lots of files, even on the desktop we use folders for organisation, do the same here (Go look at the forum resource folder setup)

Guilty as charged, been like that forever. No magic required, sort and search will do 😉

As always sincerly in awe for organized and disciplined people (no irony), but sadly that’s not me...

• @denx it is worth putting in the effort, might take you days or even weeks, but the effort is worth it.

There is no "its not me" by the way, up until my 30s i was 468chfjchfjj.wav and hnfuhjj445.project, but when old age kicks in and your memory turns to dog poo, sorted folders saves your life and allows you to make more music.
    (Trust me, i talk all the time about housekeeping because i was worse than all of you combined)

Interesting side note too, when you organise and sort your folders, you keep a lot less because it is easy to access and not hidden, you notice it isnt any good lol, this is also an advantage with the storage premium on iPads.

• @5pinlink said:
    @denx it is worth putting in the effort, might take you days or even weeks, but the effort is worth it.

There is no "its not me" by the way, up until my 30s i was 468chfjchfjj.wav and hnfuhjj445.project, but when old age kicks in and your memory turns to dog poo, sorted folders saves your life and allows you to make more music.
    (Trust me, i talk all the time about housekeeping because i was worse than all of you combined)

Interesting side note too, when you organise and sort your folders, you keep a lot less because it is easy to access and not hidden, you notice it isnt any good lol, this is also an advantage with the storage premium on iPads.

@5pinlink spot on. I’ve done this and all my folders are completely organised with all my most favourite samples. Took weeks and weeks. But now is Easy and quick to get to. And also tagged using the bm3 system. Which is quite a good system once you get th hang of it.

• @5pinlink thanks, I shall remain hopeful 😊 I seem not to have the heart/time for administration right now, but that’s ok.