Does "mon" button on mixer track = mono?

Stupid question but I can't find this in the manual. When I record audio from a plug in instrument it creates a stereo track but I for things like bass I want it to be mono in the mix. I noticed there is a button next to mute and solo that says "mon". When I click it I still see left and right levels so I'm not sure if this makes the track mono or not.

Also is there a way to record in mono so I have a mono file?

Comments

• edited June 2018

Mon stands for monitor. If you turn it on you can hear what's being recorded via that input/track.

Best thing for you is to record in stereo and then convert to mono in BM3. If you like, you can even keep your original stereo file too (for example, if you find that summing to mono causes phase issues that kill the low end)

• @tk32 said:
    Mon stands for monitor. If you turn it on you can hear what's being recorded via that input/track.

Best thing for you is to record in stereo and then convert to mono in BM3. If you like, you can even keep your original stereo file too (for example, if you find that summing to mono causes phase issues that kill the low end)

Thanks