Synthmaster One...

1235»

Comments

• Interesting! I shall update on mini2 and give it a whirl, thanks!

• Another update: I was having trouble getting my other banks saved and restored to a non-defalt patch, and I was successful when saving the bank before seeing the plug-in error. That means the patch state save is good, but it seems to get messed up after whatever causes the error. In that case, you'd need to just save the bank with the default name, because you only have seconds before the loading error hits, then load it in a new session and save it again with a unique name.

• @ronji said:

I’ll mention our troubles on the ab forum and give the developper the link to this thread. Hopefully someone here with a better grasp than me can shed a light on what’s happening 😏

• I'm really afraid it has to do with B3. I can't think of a way to confirm except for someone in the beta doing some testing, or us waiting for 3.1 to drop.

I managed to super quick save all 4 of my SMOne banks, and they all load with the correct patch states. Next challenge is getting them all loaded into my existing session. I've been able to load all 4 into the session, the session plays correctly, but when I save the session, quit, and reload, it's borked again.

It'll probably be best to sample stuff like @DeanDaughters Mentioned in the battle thread. Hopefully you can recover some of the work as far as finding the right presets enough to get a stable session going. =)

• @ronji said:

Possible 🙂
    Frankly, I can’t be bothered to try 10 different things to recover the session. It ‘ll have to be the last export as it is. Time to move on 😉

• @denx yeah it's a big mess =)

• Anything i can test in 12 to see if SM1 is more stable ?

• You could try creating a song with 4 instances of SM One.

If that works, try adding a 5th, load different patches on each. Then see if you can reload the session without Synthmaster crashing and/or reverting to default patch.

• Will do some tests

• edited July 2018

Thread merge (5pin - just trying to keep all SM1 issues in a single thread)

How do i use Synthmaster One as an effect ?

I load it up as an fx but it still seems to play as a synth. I totally don’t know what you do next?

• From the dev:

You can instantiate the FX inside AUM for instance. When you instantiate it click on the preset name, choose "Init Preset" (will default to this in the next update!). Osc1 wave type is set to Audio In L, and Osc2 wave type is set to Audio In R.

To pass the audio through, you should send a MIDI note on message to the FX plugin. You can bring up the builtin keyboard for instance, and then after pressing the HOLD key, you can press a note. That'll pass the incoming audio through the signal chain inside SM1

• @GusGranite said:
    From the dev:

You can instantiate the FX inside AUM for instance. When you instantiate it click on the preset name, choose "Init Preset" (will default to this in the next update!). Osc1 wave type is set to Audio In L, and Osc2 wave type is set to Audio In R.

To pass the audio through, you should send a MIDI note on message to the FX plugin. You can bring up the builtin keyboard for instance, and then after pressing the HOLD key, you can press a note. That'll pass the incoming audio through the signal chain inside SM1

So you have to use AUM ? In b3 there’s no way to open the inbuilt SM keyboard that I can see? And when you hit full screen the screen just goes blank

• I’m out the door so can’t test but latching a key on the BM3 keyboard doesn’t work?

• @GusGranite said:
    I’m out the door so can’t test but latching a key on the BM3 keyboard doesn’t work?

Well I just managed to get the keyboard open on sm but it just kept crashing. Not going to bother with the fx part of it.

And when I load my sessions up the presets are lost when I use it as a synth. The sounds are great but this is one unstable au. Guess it’s fonna have to be the old sample the sounds into b3 routine. That’s a drag

• edited July 2018

To use the FX version, as far as I can see, you don’t need to do anything in B3 apart from load it as an effect and then (for the moment) choose ‘init preset’.

It must be receiving midi by default, even as an effect.

If you don’t ‘init preset’ it’ll play whatever patch is actually selected. The init preset sets it to pass through audio.

You just need to put on whatever fx you want, they’re all off by default.

Edit: You’ll possibly want to mess with the amp envelope as well, increase the release, otherwise it cuts out pretty quick.

• @MichaelRocketship said:
    As far as I can see, you don’t need to do anything in B3 apart from load it as an effect and then (for the moment) choose ‘init preset’.

It must be receiving midi by default, even as an effect.

If you don’t ‘init preset’ it’ll play whatever patch is actually selected. The init preset sets it to pass through audio.

You just need to put on whatever fx you want, they’re all off by default.

Thanks. I’ll giev it another go then. I just lost enthusiasm once I saw how glitchy it is what with the keyboard UI being temperamental and the whole browser preset management etc.

• I managed to get the fx working with no problem. Talk about getting band for your buck with this synth. You get a whole fx suite included. Although some of them are better than others.

• edited July 2018

So..

I have two ipads. One is running Synthmaster One (1.1.1) and the other is running (1.0.4).

Due to the recent update, several sessions now fail to load with 1.1.1. However if I load the project on 1.0.4 and delete one instance and resave, the session loads fine on 1.1.1

It looks like a memory issue to me where the latest update just takes a tiny bit more memory now and causes loading to fail.

So...

If any of you want to try and salvage your old sessions, just send me the session and I can try splitting it into two. Assuming that your project was made on a regular ipad (2gigs of ram?) and not a 4gig pro, I might be able to recover it. (Might/maybe/if/no guarantees or warrantees implied or expressed here within etc.)