Crash trying to load sessions

Dope app!

But I’m starting encounter crashing when trying to load a different session from the session currently running.

Anyone else?

Comments

• @rvargasjr84 said:
    Dope app!

But I’m starting encounter crashing when trying to load a different session from the session currently running.

Anyone else?

Do you mean starting a new session or loading a session containing banks, instruments etc. ? If the latter is the case, it might be worth investigating what you used in the session you’re trying to load...

• I’ve encountered this as well, and while I haven’t been able to do a lot of troubleshooting on it I do think it has to do with AUv3 plugins in the current sessoin causing a crash when loading the next session.

• I've experienced it too (ocassionally).

This is not a scientific observation, but I did wonder if this happens when certain more glitchy plugins are in both the previous session and the one you are loading over the top. In which case it could be something to do with the host not clearing/unloading the plugin instances properly?

• edited July 2018

I experience this type of crash nearly every time I’m loading any other project while my “double virgo” project is loaded. That project has a lot of AUv3s including FAC Chorus, FAC Transient, FAC Maxima, Kosmonaut, Model D, Poison 202, Zeeon, DAWCassette, LoFly Dirt, and multiple instances of some of these. This crash even happens when I’m trying to load a session with only samples and no plugins, or a new session (while double virgo is loaded).

• Not nice. I have not really noticed this, so far. But I dont tend to have many au’s running in one session.

• I find it good to quit and rerun BM3 before loading a session.

• edited July 2018

Think we need a couple of options here.

1 Flush n load (a complete reboot of B3 and chosen project loaded) needs to be optional because a straight B3 only project (no IAA/AUV3) should not need it and a flush will be a ot longer load.

2 Diagnostic load (load a project but be presented with a list of IAA/AUV3 with a tickbox next to each, so you can load the project with plugins disabled) this can be a hidden option or such, just for support puropses and to see which plugins are causing aches in the lower regions.

• edited July 2018

Love the idea of a diagnostic load option!

• It’s AU related. At first I thought it was due to fly tape and lo-fly dirt but it’s with any AU apps I have so far. Projects with no AU load no problems unless you quit and restart BM3. Hopefully it can sorted out with 3.1

• @hansjbs said:
    It’s AU related. At first I thought it was due to fly tape and lo-fly dirt but it’s with any AU apps I have so far. Projects with no AU load no problems unless you quit and restart BM3. Hopefully it can sorted out with 3.1

You nailed it right on the head. This is exacly what I thought with the msxii au’s. But I believe it’s with almost all au’s for sure.

• edited July 2018

Lets also keep in mind its a process with Apple standards, as we have found out with fullscreen and AU MIDI, those overly helpful geniuses at Apple only tell you that you are doing things wrong after they decide to update Garageband a year after everybody else struggles like hell to work things out.
    (Even then they don't tell you, they just watch as you scream out loud lol)

Just saying, it may not all be fixed in 3.1, it's a process of hit n miss, there is no help from Apple on this stuff.

• @5pinlink said:
    Lets also keep in mind its a process with Apple standards, as we have found out with fullscreen and AU MIDI, those overly helpful geniuses at Apple only tell you that you are doing things wrong after they decide to update Garageband a year after everybody else struggles like hell to work things out.
    (Even then they don't tell you, they just watch as you scream out loud lol)

Just saying, it may not all be fixed in 3.1, it's a process of hit n miss, there is no help from Apple on this stuff.

I think this may be the case which is why there’s always such a huge rush for wwdc tickets cos that’s one of the few or only opportunities that’s developers get one on one time with the Apple software engineers

• @mathieugarcia will get there, don't you worry ;)

• A session with 3 Zeeon tracks is now unplayable in Ipad Air 2. No problem with sessions with no AU's. Would it be that an Ipad upgrade is needed?

• That sucks @jnaloxone, I'm sorry to hear that.

If it's any consolation my iPad Pro 10.5" did a similar thing during the last monthly battle with a track of mine that had 4 copies of Synthmaster ONE.

I'd gamble that the issue it less to do with your iPad, and more to do with the way Beatmaker is handling multiple instances of the same AU synth.

We're all hoping this improves with future updates, but for now I recommend using no more than 2 copies of the same plugin in any one track (or you can try freezing the audio and unloading the plugin if you really need moarrrr!!)

• Yeah i f you check my recent findings in other posts, it seems any external app that supports audio can cause save to stop working, i havent had chance to check if it is just an IOS 12 issue, im assuming not.
    That combined with the multi instamce thing is making B3 fairly unusable with any plugins at all.

• @WillieNegus
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm using exactly the same iPad as you, and hardly ever experience a crash. Have you considered backing up your folders and doing a clean install?