How do you back up your projects?

I was zipping all of my projects and uploading to Dropbox and then copying to an external drive. But for some reason now when I try that the uploads to Dropbox don't work. I start uploading and 24 hours later it will still be like 10% uploaded and it never completes.

I just want to copy projects and files off of the ipad to a hard drive to back up and archive. I thought I could do this through itunes but I don't see an option to access Apps and files for BM3 through itunes. What is the easiest and free way to get files off the ipad to a hard drive to back up?

Comments

• Can’t you do it with the files app? Put it in icloud and download it on pc? I don’t use a laptop right now, but getting it in icloud works like a charm...

• @denx said:
    Can’t you do it with the files app? Put it in icloud and download it on pc? I don’t use a laptop right now, but getting it in icloud works like a charm...

Thanks. I was probably overthinking it. I didn't want to use icloud because I only have the free 5 GB but now that I know 50GB is 99 cents per month I just signed up for that since 99 cents/mo for ease of use and peace of mind is worth it

• @silentvortex said:

@denx said:
    Can’t you do it with the files app? Put it in icloud and download it on pc? I don’t use a laptop right now, but getting it in icloud works like a charm...

Thanks. I was probably overthinking it. I didn't want to use icloud because I only have the free 5 GB but now that I know 50GB is 99 cents per month I just signed up for that since 99 cents/mo for ease of use and peace of mind is worth it

It’s a bit of a gateway drug honestly, I’m currently paying for 200 gb. Dropbox should work, though... I just figured you could use icloud instead of dropbox for your transfers without having to add to your storage capacity. Isn’t it accessible through itunes?

• For those with a MacBook, would highly recommend getting an external drive (they are really cheap nowadays) and use Time Machine to backup all the things (yes, it backs up your iCloud as well).

• @denx said:

@silentvortex said:

@denx said:

It’s a bit of a gateway drug honestly, I’m currently paying for 200 gb. Dropbox should work, though... I just figured you could use icloud instead of dropbox for your transfers without having to add to your storage capacity. Isn’t it accessible through itunes?

My free Dropbox is almost out of space too haha. I can access ipad through itunes but can't access Apps. Unfortunately I don't have a computer at home so I have to use my work computer and it's possible that they block some features or that it's an outdated version of itunes that doesn't support that

• Dropbox is great, but they really are money-grabbing bastards!

Apple iCloud is a complete bargain compared to Dropbox