HELP! Session lost!

Hi all. I am fairly new to beatmaker3 but have loved it so far. Today I spent a solid 5hours on a track. I saved it many times and even closed and reopened the app a number of times throughout the day. Finally I decided it was time to take a break. I then opened a new session and messed around on a new track for awhile, which I also saved.However, I have never “save as”ed my first track, and since they were both made on the same day, they should have both been called Jul 11 (today’s date). However there is only one July 11 session on my iPad now and it is the more recent one. I cannot find the first session that I spent all day on anywhere. All the auto saved sessions are the recent one. I am honest freaking out because I put so much work in and am worried I somehow overwrote the first session, even though I started a new one for song 2.

Does anyone know what happened and do I have any chance of recovering the first song? I am pretty bummed :(

Thanks in advance

Comments

• It seems like the first session was overwritten because they were both named Jul 11... is this possible, even though it was a new session?

• edited July 2018

Absolutely no guarantees, but try browsing in your unsaved sessions folder.

In future it's really important to 'Save As' before you even load your first bank.

Ps. elsewhere on these forums @5pinlink has posted very good information about housekeeping, folder structure and file naming conventions. It sounds boring, but it really is the best defence against lost sessions/samples.

• I did test this and it's unfortunate that tapping Save on an unsaved session will keep it in the unsaved sessions folder, and if you start a new session on the same day and again do the same thing, you will overwrite the previous unsaved session of the same name. Always save as if you have any intention on keeping what you're working on. =(

• @ronji said:
    I did test this and it's unfortunate that tapping Save on an unsaved session will keep it in the unsaved sessions folder, and if you start a new session on the same day and again do the same thing, you will overwrite the previous unsaved session of the same name. Always save as if you have any intention on keeping what you're working on. =(

Maybe it should be a feature request?

• @denx It definitely should be. Some folks think the unsaved sessions folder shouldn't exist. If I don't save, don't keep anything. If I do save, treat it like regular saved sessions and warn me before possibly overwriting something.

• That exactly, unsaved sessions are for the braindead, and luckily anybody who uses B3 is not braindead.

Get rid of unsaved sessions, shoot them n the face !!