IOS 12 beta

edited July 2018 in Off Topic

Putting one of the Mini 2s through this to keep tabs on it.

1 Faster around the OS, very little speed improvements elsewhere (Mini 2 was already pretty quick)
2 Utter nonsense reworks, to get to that screen (Whatever it is called) with the screen brightness and volume etc on it, you don't double click home anymore, you have to swipe from the top right, but it only works when an app is actually running, and is a complete ball ache, double click home just brings up a list of apps, with a lot of wasted space, this is a really annoying change.

Nothing else to report so far....

Questions or remarks, stick em here.

Comments

• Good to know @5pinlink

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• Switching how ?
    I mean are all the apps output in to a single app like Audiobus or just switching in general.
    Its not something i really do, but i will test if you can give me specifics

• @5pinlink said:
    Switching how ?
    I mean are all the apps output in to a single app like Audiobus or just switching in general.
    Its not something i really do, but i will test if you can give me specifics

He means screen switching between IAA apps.

• Ok, any specific apps ? (I dont have a massive collection though)

• @5pinlink said:
    Ok, any specific apps ? (I dont have a massive collection though)

No he means just in general. (Sorry, ill butt out now;)

• That would be specific to your iPad though, what are the specs ?

• edited July 2018

Well i load an IAA (Remixlive) in B3, double click home and switch between the two at will, but can't say i have ever had any glitches before anyway to be honest, so my test may not be worth much.

• edited July 2018

@ronji interesting side note, after trying app switching i thought it might be an idea to try screen recording, you can now switch between different apps while recording and it records all audio, unfortunately that doesn't include AuV3, so one step forward and one big kick up the arse too.

• @5pinlink Aw man, that sounds tragic but promising. I can't imagine they won't fix the AUv3, so here's hoping switching while recording stays fixed!

• Its a complete pain in the jack using the forum in 12, you cant see what you type, the preview box is always blocked off by the keys

• You can't scroll the page up to view the input box with the keyboard up?! That has got to get fixed.

• @ronji said:
    You can't scroll the page up to view the input box with the keyboard up?! That has got to get fixed.

its the same on the iPhone too - Ive submitted feedback request to apple - so hopefully fixed in next update - remember it's a beta

• Y'all are the brave heroes we need

• That forum is fixed in the latest build ;)

• Glad to see it's fixed now. I wonder if switching the forum into mobile mode would also have helped?

The only big downside with mobile view is no search bar :/

• No both views were screwed.

Anbody know a keyboard for IOS witharrow keys ?
    I have tried Gboard and swftkeys, both no go.

• edited July 2018

You know what, this latest beta feels strange, it is so fast browsing that it some times gets away from you, so for instance i swipe the page up a little and it goes a bit further than usual because there is no latency or pauses.
    Its taking a little while to get used to.

Sidenote, the long press magnify and move cursor actually works well, that is complete crap in 11 on the mini 2, near impossible to do accurate, 12 is rapid and accurate :)

• B3 didnt reload itself in IOS 11 here.
    I have no way of testing for memory optimisation, everything is sbjective under use, most things feel exactly the same to me.