Fabfilter Pro-Q2 is here $29.99USD and AUv3

Comments

• Fabfilters plugins just like this (EQ) is nothing to hesitate on!
    So fuckin' good!

• @ronji can we get a screengrab and install size please mate.

• The App Store lists the size as 3.3MB, but my iPad storage says 2.9MB app size and about 280KB in documents and data.

With keyboard

Full screen

• @5pinlink said:
    Cheers

Cheers!

Also, holy drool Batman, this is game changing for iOS.

• @ronji said:

@5pinlink said:
    Cheers

Cheers!

Also, holy drool Batman, this is game changing for iOS.

Mmmm 🤤

• Dayum! Surgical! Thanks for the vid. Alrighty, this may be a must have on the next ipad.

• Must. Try. Resist. Temptation.

Must...

(I'm failing, btw. Can you tell?)

• Somebodies been reading the manual lol

• So after 24 hours or so... how are you finding Pro Q2 in B3?

I'm really itching to buy it now...

• Should we have two images in teh compatibility thread if a plugin is an expander ?
    Im hedging towards yes, but maybe some people have bandwidth restrictions ?

• @tk32 said:
    So after 24 hours or so... how are you finding Pro Q2 in B3?

I'm really itching to buy it now...

Also curious for updates. Over on audiobus forums people are saying they can run 10-12 instances in a project on other DAWs with minimal cpu usage which seems to contradict experience here with BM3.

• I tried again just now with a fresh reboot of my iPad AIR 2
    I loaded a session and added 6 Pro-Q 2's on the master bus
    It seems to only be adding about 1-2% CPU use per instance, which is less than it seemed to use in my first test.

PRETTY SWEET!!
    :D

• Noice... wondering when BM3 gets AU support for sidechaining for the other forthcoming Fabs... maybe in ... ...3..... .1?

• edited July 2018

Do we have a definitive Apple "Standard" on side chaining yet ?
    Or is this another AUMIDI AU Fullscreen moment ?
    Seems pretty pointless even thinking about sidechaining until we know if the plugin instantiates extra channels or the user does via the host, because Apple will just bend you over after you implement it anyway.

• Yeah it’s surprisingly light on resources. Here’s me fixing my mix with 6 instances, and cpu stayed around 25%, on my 2015 iPad Pro, with 3 live instances of SynthMaster One. I forgot to show automation Inc the video, but you can automate the bands just fine =)

• @ronji said:
    Yeah it’s surprisingly light on resources. Here’s me fixing my mix with 6 instances, and cpu stayed around 25%, on my 2015 iPad Pro, with 3 live instances of SynthMaster One. I forgot to show automation Inc the video, but you can automate the bands just fine =)

Can you do us a solid @ronji and tell us what the CPU is with the 6 instances removed for comparison.

Zmors EQ seems to be the lowest CPU EQ AUv3 as far as i can tell, might be worth a comparison to that if anybody has both.

• @ronji said:
    Yeah it’s surprisingly light on resources. Here’s me fixing my mix with 6 instances, and cpu stayed around 25%, on my 2015 iPad Pro, with 3 live instances of SynthMaster One. I forgot to show automation Inc the video, but you can automate the bands just fine =)

Awesome, thanks. Do all of the EQ settings persist when you quit the project and reopen? Probably a stupid question but I've had so many issues with other auv3 plug ins in BM3 resetting when I close a project

• @silentvortex said:

@ronji said:

Awesome, thanks. Do all of the EQ settings persist when you quit the project and reopen? Probably a stupid question but I've had so many issues with other auv3 plug ins in BM3 resetting when I close a project

Multiple instances losing states seems to be an issue in every host right now with AUv3, it just seems that B3 suffers with less instances than other hosts, there must be a serious flaw in the way AUv3 handles this stuff right now, its quite weird to be back at the struggles of a new plugin format again.

• I had all 5 track instances set to zero latency and then set the master channel instance to linear phase, but I couldn't notice a measurable change in CPU. For that matter, removing all of the instances also didn't seem to have a measurable effect, as far as I could tell. The track normally shifts between around 22 to around 30, with pro-Q or not, and it annoyingly always jumps between 0% and whatever the actual CPU must be (most any session).

I then decided to try with a different session, one which only contains samples and no FX at all, no AU anything, and just started adding pro-Q to each track, while the track was looping. The first thing I noticed is that I got the glitchy playback stop issue immediately upon adding an 8th instance (sound glitches to a stop, the playhead moves at something like quarter speed or less, all sound is lost until B3 is reloaded). Next time, I tried this again and stopped at 7 instances, and again couldn't see a measurable impact on CPU. Maybe a couple percent increase? It shifts around so much it’s hard to tell.

I hope the devs and beta team are doing some of this kind of testing on 3.1 before it's released.

• Also, in the video all of the pro-Q instances are at default so they're not really doing anything, but I set each of them to do something after recording the video, and the CPU usage was the same.

• Also curious if anyone can confirm if sidechain works within BM3 for ProQ? I'm gathering from other forums that it may not be functioning within BM3 as a host and there are a couple of the powerful features of ProQ that require sidechaing

• You can always count on @ronji to test things thoroughly.

Thanks Ronji! :)

• @silentvortex said:
    Also curious if anyone can confirm if sidechain works within BM3 for ProQ? I'm gathering from other forums that it may not be functioning within BM3 as a host and there are a couple of the powerful features of ProQ that require sidechaing

I'm actually not as familiar with pro-Q as I may seem, and I've never used side chaining with it, but from I've read online just now, I don't think B3's current mixer capabilities and in/out selections can work for the sidechain stuff in pro-Q. You're supposed to be able to send a signal to the specific pro-Q sidechain input, and I can't see how to do that.

• edited July 2018

@tk32 said:
    You can always count on @ronji to test things thoroughly.

Thanks Ronji! :)

;)

Also remember I've got my 2015 iPad Pro B3 latency set to 1024 samples. If I drop it to 128, CPU usage goes way up, by 3 or 4 times.

• edited July 2018

I feel like I am pretty much holding off on these primo plugins until BM3 can properly utilise them all. For me it is the only host worthy of the potential investment.

Hopefuly Fab/Apple/Intua are all meeting via satelite/high back chair from their respective lairs on this critical sidechain point before Fab declares AU victory or defeat.

• Note that n-Track updated on 7/15 to support "effects sidechain (works with n-Track Compressor built-in effect and with AU plugins supporting sidechain input, f.e. FabFilter Pro-Q 2)"

So it's possible, so we should get this functionality in B3 at some point =)

• Thanks @ronji. Hopefully we get another beta soon.