BM3 Battle 11 - "Wood Rat" (Deadline August 19th)

Comments

• So are cymbals wooden too when they're struck by a wooden stick? Or am I missing something? I seen those wooden hand cymbals, but I don't suppose they shimmer in the highs very much. Or are we talking wooden like a cabasa, tambourine, or jingle stick?

• @ronji said:
    So are cymbals wooden too when they're struck by a wooden stick? Or am I missing something? I seen those wooden hand cymbals, but I don't suppose they shimmer in the highs very much. Or are we talking wooden like a cabasa, tambourine, or jingle stick?

So yeah, somebody finally gets why i said cymbals are wooden too lol.

• I'm not exactly sure what @5pinlink meant about cymbals being wooden (and I did think about it... ;) ) , but imho - we should probably not use cymbals.

• @DeanDaughters so no hitting metal with wood, but in the spirit of acoustic instruments made with wood such as stringed instruments, we can use tambourines and jingle sticks, yeah? =D

• I'm really thinking about heading to a music shop and making some samples with my phone for this one =)

• @ronji said:
    I'm really thinking about heading to a music shop and making some samples with my phone for this one =)

Now you're talking! Yeah!! <3

• @ronji said:
    @DeanDaughters so no hitting metal with wood, but in the spirit of acoustic instruments made with wood such as stringed instruments, we can use tambourines and jingle sticks, yeah? =D

Yes to tambourines and jingle sticks - and yes to hitting wood with metal, but come on - let's keep in reasonable,
    guys - the goal is not to outsmart the contest rules.

Everybody knows what is intended here.

;)

• A cymbal doesnt sound unless you hit it with wood, so by its nature it is wooden, any stringed instrument is a combination of wood and metal or wood and plastic.

The only pure woiden instruments i can think of are the block and Dijeredoo, and even the Dij is pushing the destinction because it wont work without wax lol.

But i think it is easy enough to interpret @DeanDaughters intentions here, hes doing a ton of work with wood in his studio build, make some music with a ton of woody type sounds ;)

• @5pinlink Oh thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna sample my didjeridoo!

• +1 for didjeridoo! :o

• Even though Aphex Twin got it wrong as well, pretty sure it's spelled "Didgeridoo" ;)

• @huphtur said:
    Even though Aphex Twin got it wrong as well, pretty sure it's spelled "Didgeridoo" ;)

Big tune at the Cornish raves.

• Big tune everywhere

• Thank the lord for wooden shakers!

They substitute for hi-hats fairly well, it turns out.

• @tk32 said:
    Thank the lord for wooden shakers!

They substitute for hi-hats fairly well, it turns out.

Sanding wood generates good noise as well 😊

• edited August 2018

Ideas for track names:

• Got Wood
    • Knock on Wood
    • Boyz in da Wood
    • Wooda Shouda Coulda
    • Back in the grain
    • Timber land
    • The 4 by 2 in 4x4
    • Pretty ply (for a white guy)

(One week to go, btw)

• I'm going completely out of my comfort zone with this one. Hope it doesn't backfire.

Oh wait, it's anonymous again. Phew!

How is everyone else going?

• Ummmmm... I'm behind schedule and need to get down to it! :#
    :D

• @DeanDaughters said:
    Ummmmm... I'm behind schedule and need to get down to it! :#
    :D

Same =)

• @5pinlink just sent you the link to my entry. Once we reveal all next week, I'll share the details of the creation. LOL...

• Great work @dafingaz

After last month's entry I'm very excited to hear your latest creation.

• @tk32 Uh oh. I set the bar too high. LOL...

• edited August 2018

☝️

• Alright, really got something solid cooking last night. Now I feel better =)

• @DeanDaughters nice! @ronji can't wait to hear it!

• I keep cooking, but everything comes out of the oven looking like this...

• Anybody else having patterns like this? 🤭😆🤓👊

• That's the working title of my whole track right now. It seriously needs some structure!

• Time to finish up and get submitted if you haven’t already! :p