Pattern changes color if layered with another

Sometimes it’s easy to forget that there is more than one pattern layered on another as there’s no way of telling. Perhaps a layered pattern could change colour or be slightly greyed or obscurred or cross hatched etc. Something to differentiate

Comments

• edited July 2018

Separate lanes for each pad, that collapse to a single lane ala the mixer, is my choice.

• @5pinlink said:
    Separate lanes for each pad, that collapse to a single lane ala the mixer, is my choice.

Oh yes of course that’s a wicked idea, like group lanes in a daw

• @5pinlink said:

Should I tweak my post or it sounds like you may have already suggested this

• No, just spitballing, i suspect you can expect something similar anyway at some point, its a well requested feature.

• I'm not keen on that idea @5pinlink, as I like my patterns to contain notes from multiple pads - especially true for drum patterns

I would prefer the option to simply add additional horizontal lanes for each bank that all get summed together during playback. (If implemented, it would also be nice to have a mute pattern control)

• open the lanes, individual patterns if needed, close the lanes and it is a combined pattern of all pads.

Most people want individual patterns for individual instruments, my way covers both elegantly.