Some new deep house

Hey guys check out this demo I'm working on and let me know what you think!!!

Listen to The Bro - Survival (demo) by The Bro #np on #SoundCloud

Comments

• Anyone? :-(

• Giving feedback is a difficult thing to do sometimes. I like the general ideas you've got in this. I think the bass needs filtering, and it could use more swing.

• I will try to listen later.

• @ronji said:
    Giving feedback is a difficult thing to do sometimes. I like the general ideas you've got in this. I think the bass needs filtering, and it could use more swing.

Thanks for listening. :smile:

• Production quality is good, but I'd like it more if you laid off the snares a bit. Everything from 1:20 to the end sounds like one long build-up.

• @tk32 said:
    Production quality is good, but I'd like it more if you laid off the snares a bit. Everything from 1:20 to the end sounds like one long build-up.

Good idea. I'll have a play with that! Cheers for listening.

• I've had a good play with it now. Check out version 2!!!

Listen to The Bro - Survival (demo 2) by The Bro #np on #SoundCloud

• Anyone else lol?

• edited August 2018

Feedback is tough. It’s all subjective. I don’t particularly like it, but then I’m more of a melodic guy when it comes to deep house. This seems way too stripped down to me, there are no tones, no melody syncopating to perk up the ears. But my opinion is one of many. You might think stuff I produce is too fruity. How do you like your track?

• Not bad I do mostly house and techno. Needs some filtered saturation wider stereo. Mess with your eq more. Forget the plug in gimmicks. Then at the end sprinkle a luxury plugin here and there. Less is more

• edited August 2018

Oh it’s a hot mess. Still plenty of work to do, not the least of which is a more DJ friendly outro. I’m actually doing my final mixdown in Auria Pro because I have FF Pro Q and the other plugs. I was just giving an example for compare and contrast and threw it up because it’s the thing I’m working on now.

• Hey @alteredmoods

What happened to your track? I was looking forward to taking a listen, but now its gone :(

• Huh, that’s weird, I should be able to share private tracks with the link. Are you not seeing it?

• edited August 2018

You can't embed private Soundcloud tracks, and unfortunately when you paste the private URL here on the forums it automatically tries to convert it to an embed. Try using my regular link below...

Click here to hear @alteredmoods track

• I like what you've got started here and I totally get the laid-back deep house vibe you are going for on this - Liking the kick drum, too.

Overall, imho - nice work! Yeah! :)

Here's some opinions which you may or may not find useful... ;)

1. the bird noise / jungle atmos thing is somewhat overused

2. the big riser into your big break is not quite aligned for maximum effect.
      What you want here is to have it build up ONLY to the downbeat of your big break, then it should cut off completely

and you then layer any combination of impact / downfilter / crash / sub drop and put that on the exact downbeat of your BREAK. tension (the riser) and release (the crash / downfilter)

1. Try getting some samples / loops of a real flute and and real horn / brass stabs / riffs over the top of this to add more depth to your synth / flute lead thing to really bring it all together.

2. I totally dig this vibe - Keep up the good work! 😀 👊

• edited August 2018

Thanks @tk32 ... figures. :p I can’t stand SoundCloud.

@DeanDaughters Yeah, like I said, it’s mega rough. Thank you for the feedback, and pretty much everything you mentioned I have a mental note to deal with in prep for final mixdown. Haha nice one on the kick too...I have been criticized for having limp kicks in the past so I just crush them now and compensate with comp/eq and lower volume/eq on the rest of the drums. I’m making a more DJ friendly mix out as well. Really thanks for this!