β€Ί

How I created my Battle #10 track - One Synth Challenge

I tried for days to get this to render properly as one single video, but it was not happening...
~sigh... :D

I hope this might be useful and/or interesting to some of you!

Comments

• Dean, I didn’t realize you went one bank style for this track. Well done!! Gonna watch the full video later when I have more time. =)

• Also, the second video isn’t playing for me in the forum, but I was able to open it on YouTube and watch it there.

• Thanks, @ronji ! πŸ˜€ πŸ‘Š
    Both videos seem to be playing ok now...
    WOOT!

• Wow, really interesting... One Bank Style? ....such a thing is this...

• @Audiogus said:
    Wow, really interesting... One Bank Style? ....such a thing is this...

I started utilizing the one-bank workflow as a work-around for (imho) the macro debacle situation...
    I need GLOBAL macros that always work no matter what is selected.
    The only way to do that (imho) is to use one bank only.

I talk more about this in this video here which might be helpful :
    πŸ˜πŸ‘Š

• Do you describe what you do for drums in a single bank style? Or other groups of pads that really should all use the same set of fx? That’s my main question with one bank style so far haha. Sends is all I can come up with.

• Sends is all i've been able to come up with also. I'm not bus-compressing my drums or anything cool like that...
    No grouping of any kind.
    I do mildly sidechain a lot of stuff to the kick drum, and (sometimes) the snare drum, too.
    Which helps me get slightly punchier drums and a cleaner mix...
    ;)

• Cool, I usually just keep the 'Source AUv3' loaded on one pad and choose a different destination pad when recording the samples and also enable the 'move to next pad' when recording multiple samples.

This saves a lot time and 'unloading & loading' of the Plug-In which could lead to memory-fragmentation :)

• @samu I like that method as well, but in this case I didn't want to keep the plugin in the mix at all when saving -- no matter what, as there were a LOT of people having issues with it during this time.

(i.e. "My track with Synthmaster One in it does not OPEN anymore!!") kind of comments...

And i'm a chronic over-saver, meaning i'm saving like every 5 min at least, so.... I never once saved the session with Synthmaster One inside it

lol
    😡 πŸ€“ 🀣

• Huh, vey cool one bank video... enlightening. I could see macros working very well in this context. For recording automation in the timeline on the sampler it seems ok but for AUs I kind of dont get it... there are duplicate automation channels of two different resolutions? Plus the playback gets super glitchy. I always just assumed it is borked and abandoned it. But yah for the sampler and particularly how you use it, very cool stuff.

• Thanks for the kind words, @Audiogus πŸ˜πŸ‘Š

Macros all the time, always working..... Yeah!!

For AUv3's, you can always load on a separate bank, arrange / sequence out any part you need (even long automated parts) then export that to audio and re-import to the next empty pad in your "one bank"...

Hope that makes any sense.
    ;)

• edited August 2018

@MSandoval I just checked my track's session folder.

Inside, is a folder called "Recordings" which seems to have saved ALL of the original "recordings" I made form Synthmaster One.

and

Another folder called "Samples" which contains all of the files that I edited, then clicked the 3 dots to open the save dialog, then chose save to "Session Directory", then gave them a name in the dialog box window.

• edited August 2018

I haven't done much of this myself, but I'm pretty sure B3 won't let you delete a sample that is currently in use while the session is loaded, so you could probably safely and easily select all samples in each folder and delete them, and the ones in use should be all that remain. Again I haven't tested this completely so you should do a backup or save as with copy samples toggled before trying this on anything important.

• 1 bank, you mad man!

• edited August 2018

@ronji said:
    I haven't done much of this myself, but I'm pretty sure B3 won't let you delete a sample that is currently in use while the session is loaded, so you could probably safely and easily select all samples in each folder and delete them, and the ones in use should be all that remain. Again I haven't tested this completely so you should do a backup or save as with copy samples toggled before trying this on anything important.

I have tested this on previous releases and it was the case, just remember here that @ronji means to delete the files using B3s internal browser 'while' the session is loaded, that is important, files app can do very silly rubbish even with files in RAM ;)

But again i havent tested with this latest version, so backup like @ronji suggests first.