Newbie on BeatMaker 3

Hello Guy !

I recently bought an IPad Pro and BeatMaker 3 and I have few questions about BM3. I need to tell you before.. I’m a noob on IOS.

1 - I bought some app for make music on BM3 like Shoom, Tardigrain and other synths’ non-auv3 compatible.. When I load one of them, I can play music and record what I’m playing but with the BM3 keyboard, not the synth Keyboard.. And this is a big problem for mé especially for synths like them’ I need to play with the keyboard of the synth I load, you know ? Somebody here have the same problem ?

2 - When I want to export my track, I can but I think I have problem with the format.. If I want to import the track later in my BM 3 for like an classic sample I can’t’ audioshare can import some many of my samples but not my BM3 export.. Why ?

3 - Where can I see the CPU on BM3 ? When I am on one project, I can’T see if my project take 20, 50 or more on my CPU..

4 - When I start an new project, sometimes I need few instance of the synth but I can’t.. When one synth is load, I can’T open second same synth, the synth is like disabled..Why ?

Sorry for my questions but I love BM3 and I am sad to see he reject me like that :-(

Thank you for the replies and sorry for ly bad English, I’m french and I don’t use any translator lol

Voilà !

Comments

• And this is my first time on this forum, tell me if I need to do something like drink many vodka to integrate this beautiful community ! :D

• Sorry I don’t how to edit my original post..

On the same instances problem, I don’t have this problem with auv3 synths.

And one small question : I have pack of samples on my external hard drive, how can I put in on beatmaker 3´ samples section and put these samples in new folder like : My samples folder ?

• New problem with Shoom : I load the plugin, I click on record button in Shoom and when I go on my recording in BM3 I have nothing.. I tried with add new track and audio track. Also in FX, still the same problem.

• @Aninymion said:
    New problem with Shoom : I load the plugin, I click on record button in Shoom and when I go on my recording in BM3 I have nothing.. I tried with add new track and audio track. Also in FX, still the same problem.

Checkout the manual and support articles here: https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003455163-How-to-record-audio-from-a-plugin-or-app-into-BeatMaker

• Thank you ! Now I can record what I play on my beautiful Tardigrain, thank you !!!!!

Any ideas for my others problems ?

• 1 - You have sorted
    2 - What format are you exporting to ? If it is Wave then it will work everywhere, i have no idea what supports AAC and would never use it anyway.
    3 - Click on the hamburger menu (Three white lines top left) now click the cog to go to settings, your CPU meter is there.
    4 - Because you are using IAA synths, don't, buy AUv3 synths instead, IAA synths can not use multiple instances or reload properly with a project or fully support automation, IAA should be shot in the face.

B3 currently has a few issues but is not rejecting you, you are just new and haven't found everything yet.

• edited August 2018

Thank you for you help, shame on me for the CPU..

I will retry to export something and I come back to you.

Edit : Did you know how can I create a folder in samples folder in beatmaker and how put all my samples in this new Folder ?

• New problem about record : When I load my tardigrain with interappaudio modé I have no problem, everything is okay and I have all the parameters of my tardigrain and I can record.. But when I try to load tardi in Auv3 mode, I can record but I can’t use him like interapp audio mode.. I can’t use my presets and no record sample to use in tardigrain’ like with the interapp or standalone mode.. Do you know where the problem can be ?

• Create a sample folder by opening B3s browser (three white lines, top left) click the files button (right ofthe magnifying glass) this shows your entire folder structure of B3, navigate to where you want to put the folder, then press the edit button and click on new folder.

Canthelp with tardigrain, sorry i dont own it.

Can i suggest you go to the resources section of the forum and install some of my banks and create the forum folder structure, this will give you a tidy folder structure to look at and work out how to structure your own.

• Ok thank you !

• Also a newbie so please treat me like a complete idiot. You and I will never know what little thing that you do that I need to know to unlock the mysteries of BM3. I promise you won't hurt my feelings.

So when I download the samples and they end in the Import folder, do they always stay there? Is there a way to get them into the Bank section so I don't have to be looking in two places for samples.

Thanks for the help.
    Slim

• No idea what you mean by bank section, do you mean tagged ?

• Hey, I need to apply one same effect on 2 differents tracks, how can I do this ?

• You can either load the effect twice, once on each track, or create a send on each track and have the single effect on that send/aux, each way will sound slightly different and offer slightly different features.

• @Slimbeaux said:

So when I download the samples and they end in the Import folder, do they always stay there? Is there a way to get them into the Bank section so I don't have to be looking in two places for samples.

welcome Slim..

yes, there is a way to get your downloaded samples from the Import folder to the Banks folder... a couple ways actually. Easiest way is from the Documents section > go to your Imports folder and up at the top select > Edit > select the desired files > then at the bottom hit 'Move' > then navigate to the Bank section and select > Move Here.
    Or you might want to select/create a folder that you'll now access your samples from and move them here.

The more complete way, which will automatically move your samples and create a Bank Preset in the Bank section is: from the Imports folder, load a bank with the samples you want to work with. Then in Performance view [the main pads screen]..up towards the top left ...next to the bank number [ A1, B1 etc] press the 3 dots next to the bank name > select 'save bank'. This will allow you to rename the bank, but more importantly if you select 'copy samples' and then 'save in main presets directory'. It will create a bank in the Bank Presets folder with all the necessary samples from the Imports folder that you loaded into the bank. And it will create a .bmk3 file with your preset name which is how BM3 labels bank presets. This will be a duplicate so you can then go to the Imports folder and at the top select > Edit >select the bank/samples you just created> and Delete them. enjoy!

• I will try that when I get home tonight. Thank you so much for the help.