Request: Support for iShred or Guitar Application

edited May 2009 in General
Hello. I dig using Beatmaker and Noise.io together. It's a mini music studio in my iPod Touch 2G! I am a guitar player so I have the great iShred(electric) and Guitar(electric) programs from frontierdesign.com. As far as guitar emulators go on the iTouch platform, these guys are ahead of the game if you ask me. I would LOVE it if you added support for recorded files from these two programs or even just one at first, the same way you do Noise.io files. I asked Jared from frontier design if it was possible and he said they emailed you, but got no response, and so I'm taking the next step. These two guitar programs would be a great addition to the mobile digital audio workstation on iTouch platforms!

You would also find more people interested in Beatmaker who use iShred and Guitar.

Comments

• edited 1:51PM
    I 2nd this request!
    I would like to add to this request. Please add support for iShred and Guitar from Frontier Design. Thanks!
    I agree

(lthough it is possible using star guitar, ishred is far superior)
    I agree
    I agree

(lthough it is possible using star guitar, ishred is far superior)

Do you mean it is already possible for Beatmaker to use a guitar app's recorded files?

or

Were you just suggesting another program for Beatmaker interaction?

Thanks all for plugging this post. I hope it happens with the next release. Spread the word!
    I'm extra excited today because I might have a wireless router soon so I can utilize Beatpack and other features on my iPod Touch 2G.
    Star Guitar is Amidio's (makers of noise.io) guitar chord playing app. It uses the same mechanic to share recordings as noise.io, so it should work with Beatmaker too - I don't own the app, so I don't know for sure.

Also, as I understand (I may be wrong though) the audio sharing is Amidio's intellectual property, so it's probably in their hands to give permission to use the technique with iShred. If so, the chances are slim as they already have a directly competing app for sale.
    Star Guitar is Amidio's (makers of noise.io) guitar chord playing app. It uses the same mechanic to share recordings as noise.io, so it should work with Beatmaker too - I don't own the app, so I don't know for sure.

Also, as I understand (I may be wrong though) the audio sharing is Amidio's intellectual property, so it's probably in their hands to give permission to use the technique with iShred. If so, the chances are slim as they already have a directly competing app for sale.

Yeah I checked out Star Guitar on the Amidio website, and the interaction is there, built in.
    I wonder why Amidio makes a professional Synth, best out there for the platform, Noise.io, and then makes a Guitar App that "requires no musical skill". Star Guitar is limited to it's own rhythm patterns, and there are 15 or something, with chorus and verse variations. It has a lack of single-note playing possibility and effects, also, only three types of guitar sounds.
    I might try this out, but it lacks alot of features I would love to use as an instrument as a track in Beat Maker.

IANAL, but such practice is possibly a violation of anti-trust or anti-competitive practice laws (e.g. the Sherman Anti-trust Act in the US and Article 81 in the EC). If I were Intua or Amidio I would check with a good lawyer.

IANAL, but such practice is possibly a violation of anti-trust or anti-competitive practice laws (e.g. the Sherman Anti-trust Act in the US and Article 81 in the EC). If I were Intua or Amidio I would check with a good lawyer.

That just really makes the situation sound totally f***ing lame. I hate when all this effects US users simply because of some bulls**t legal issue. I have star guitar, and its ok. Its not great actually, but it exports in WAV so yea. Im only guessing that Intua and Amidio have an agreement with their methods. I dont know though. I just wish it was all compatible, or Star Guitar gets its sh*t together and actually adds some decent improvements to Star Guitar.

Actually, no. It is a known trick that has been disclosed on various developers forums, a long time ago.
    Actually, no. It is a known trick that has been disclosed on various developers forums.

Please post some links to the Developers forums so we can hook up Beatmaker with some nice app samples from iShred and iGuitar.
    Is it coveted information? Do you care what applications use the trick? So there's no legal binding. Is there some casual or formal agreement between you Intua, and the noise.io group?

Thanks for the info, please share more if you can!
    Actually, no. It is a known trick that has been disclosed on various developers forums.

Please post some links to the Developers forums so we can hook up Beatmaker with some nice app samples from iShred and iGuitar.
    Is it coveted information? Do you care what applications use the trick? So there's no legal binding. Is there some casual or formal agreement between you Intua, and the noise.io group?

Hello,

Sorry, we can't post the link, this is not the purpose of this forum !

Intua Team

Hello,

Sorry, we can't post the link, this is not the purpose of this forum !

Intua Team

Thank you Intua. You have brightened my day anyways, I hope for good futures for Beatmaker!