BM3 Battle 11 - "Wood Rat" (Deadline August 19th)

Comments

• Holy crap.. I better start developing this 4 bar loop a bit more :/

• I can't remember what we agreed regarding cymbals...

Am I OK to use a fully-sampled acoustic drum kit, or will I need to substitute my hi-hat and ride sounds with wooden shakers?

• lol - Sorry, bro - it totally whomped me too, to not have these. :D

imho, no cymbals. no hats, no rides, no crash.

B)
    :#

• I also really missed being able to use my goto risers and downfilters... ;)

• No problem. I'll survive. Thanks for clarifying.

:s

• Going to miss an entry from you this round, @d4d0ug :)

• I think we will be missing entries from a lot of people compared to last month, the links are being sent to me a lot slower this month :(

• Sorry, Guys! I thought WOOD would be a challenge that every body would be down for. I didn't intend to clear the room! :D

• I've hit a log jam (pun intended).

I left things a bit too late, and may not finish in time. If people are working on tracks we could try extending the deadline a little?

What do you think

• Anybody else trying to finish up an entry?
    Or would be interested in finishing up an entry if we extended the deadline a little?
    :)

• I have SO enjoyed following the last couple of battles but I’m just on the sidelines at the moment. I’m so new to music production that I’m really trying to focus all my energy on a handful of tracks I am working on and get them to a state that I am happy with. The battle themes haven’t quite fit with the style of these tracks yet (down to my own limitations...).

Can’t wait to hear what you peeps come up with though! Using wood sounds is a brilliant idea that I would like to revisit when I can.

Make music!!

• I'm still working on mine, and I don't know if I'll be able to make the deadline of today or not. I'd welcome an extended deadline =)

• Sounds like we should extend the deadline then! :)
    What do you Guys think sounds fair? B)

• I’m on a holliday and having trouble finishing my track. Car broke down and fixing stuff proves to be a bit of a hassle 😱. Something almost ‘ready’, but needs a lot of polishing yet.

• @DeanDaughters How about an extra 6 days? Entries by 19 August?

• I'm ok with extending the deadline to August 19th. ✌️

Get to it, @tk32 ! :D
    Good Luck, with your car, @denx ! :#
    Bring it, @ronji ! :p

Anybody else who may have started a little something might find time to finish up, and there is still time to start something from scratch if you're a Forum newbie reading this and want to jump in! Yeah! 🤗😁👊

• Personally i am no fan of extensions, but i have changed the deadlines to 19th in the OP.

• Yippie! 😁🙏

• For the record, I'm no fan of extensions either. But i'm even less a fan of 2-horse races ;)

Lets hope this extra time brings out some real entry gems. Get to it everybody!

• edited August 2018

imho, yes - no vocals. :|

That's the *challenge guys..... :wink:

• You can always drop your vocal mix after the compo is over =)

• edited August 2018

@MSandoval said:
    p.s.-is an 808 bass log drum made of wood? It's ana-log, so it's from the Earth, like trees (which are made of wood too).

He's a tryer hahahaha, gotta give him that :)

• The Djembe drum makes a sound that could be warped into a (kind of) 808 bass

• @MSandoval hahah, your jokes are funny, but you're still somehow coming across as asking legitimate questions that must be answered =p looking forward to hearing your submission!

• @MSandoval said:
    Just having a bit of fun guys, I can't rap and i'm about as funny as memory management on iOS. Was a bit giddy today since this is the 1st track I've completed since battle #2 late last year. Feels good to finish something. Hardest part was starting. Thanks yall, and Dean of course.

Apologies, but I can't seem to remember your entry from Battle #2 - were you using a different alias?

• @tk32 said:

@MSandoval said:
    Just having a bit of fun guys, I can't rap and i'm about as funny as memory management on iOS. Was a bit giddy today since this is the 1st track I've completed since battle #2 late last year. Feels good to finish something. Hardest part was starting. Thanks yall, and Dean of course.

Apologies, but I can't seem to remember your entry from Battle #2 - were you using a different alias?

Yeah, long story, back in the early days of the B3 forum before i stuck my foot down a bit, we had a bunch of idiots that would hassle people who tried to help out and give free same packs etc (Trust me, i have had it all via PM etc too, i know how these a-holes can be via PMs and stuff) so different alias, different times for @MSandoval.

(Yes i may seem a little heavy handed nowadays towards certain nonsense, because i will no longer lose good community supporters/members to trolling)

Needless to say but @MSandoval is one of the original forum members who helped kick this joint off and does a hell of a lot to help out, glad he's back, any silliness this time and i will be stepping in ;)

• Looking forward to hearing what you've finished, @MSandoval 🤗😁👊

• I’m hoping someone samples “Woody” from Toy Story 🙏🏾 Lol.