Just downloaded BM3!!!! Got some questions

Hey guys how do I get the double keyboard function when I load a Inter App Audio plugin. It doesn't seem to be available? :-(

Comments

• edited August 2018

Welcome to BM3 ;)

Unfortunately, double keyboard only works on pads that use samples (not IAA/AUv3 plugins), AFAIK.

This feature 'may' get added in the next (or future) update.

• Oh okay that's bizarre. How do I import samples into BM3 - what are my options?

• Also how do I share BM2 projects and samples? Cheers :smile:

• edited August 2018

@The_Bro said:
    Oh okay that's bizarre. How do I import samples into BM3 - what are my options?

There are so many ways. Here are the main ones...

1. Open individual WAV files from Dropbox, the cloud, etc
    2. Import zip files from dropbox etc and unpack them inside BM3
    3. Internal audio file sharing via Audioshare and other apps.
  • edited August 2018

@tk32 said:

@The_Bro said:
    Oh okay that's bizarre. How do I import samples into BM3 - what are my options?

There are so many ways. Here are the main ones...

1. Open individual WAV files from Dropbox, the cloud, etc
    2. Import zip files from dropbox etc and unpack them inside BM3
    3. Internal audio file sharing via Audioshare and other apps.

Thanks for this. ☺

So no ftp options?

• Also I have an old mac. Can I use that to get samples on it? ☺

• edited August 2018

You dont need FTP as much as you used to, you can create a free 1gb dropbox account and move 1gb of files direct at any one time (Dropbox support is vastly superior in 3 to 2) you can install an explorer app that will put your Mac in the files app, and if your Mac isn't too old you can Airdrop too.

• @5pinlink said:
    You dont need FTP as much as you used to, you can create a free 1gb dropbox account and move 1gb of files direct at any one time (Dropbox support is vastly superior in 3 to 2) you can install an explorer app that will put your Mac in the files app, and if your Mac isn't too old you can Airdrop too.

Thanks.

What exploerer App is that and will it support reading off a USB drive from the Mac? The Mac we have doesn't support Airdrop by the way.

• edited August 2018

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filebrowser-document-manager/id364738545?mt=8

What Mac is it ?
    I upgraded the Bluetooth inside my MBP 2011, took me about fifteen minutes and cost $10.

• can also use iCloud.

• Thanks I just downloaded FileBrowser but I haven't clue how to get it to recognise files / folders in the Ipad.

• edited August 2018

You dont, its for browsing external files/folders/drives, so you browse to a folder on your Mac, then add that to files, now when you use the files support in IOS via the files app or B3s browser etc, it will be an available folder for browsing.

I use it to add a wireless USB stick to my iPads.

• Thanks 5pinlink I just sort of figured it out. Nice one.

• No probs, its a really cool app.

• Not really entirely happy with BM3 at the moment. I know it vastly superior to BM2 but I'm not finding it totally intuitive. Also chords seem drift out of pitch or not play notes when you editing the sound which is strange. The key editing isn't that easy either etc. Sorry to be negative. Thoughts?

• Stick to BM2 if you were happy with it ;)

• No! Hahaha. For the chords issue, make sure the Polyphony of the samples is set high enough to play all of the notes simultaneously. There are issues with sound stopping when certain changes are made during playback, but I'm sure those will be fixed at some point. Not sure what you mean by key editing, but midi note editing is a bit cumbersome at present. Depends on exactly what you're having difficulty with, though.

Have you watched any of @DeanDaughters YouTube videos? He does a lot of B3 videos that go into a lot of detail which might be helpful to you. He's Electronisounds Audio on YouTube.

• edited August 2018

More power and flexibility always equals more complicated.

We all experienced that initial head-scratching moment with BM3... which eventually turns into a revelation of possibilities.

My advice is to stick with it.

• Thanks guys I will stick with it but its definitely a different beast compared to BM2 lol.

• edited August 2018

It is vastly superior in a lot of ways, but the workflow is definitely more in depth in line with its capabilities, some things still need to be brought over from B2 for sure, there is no escaping that.
    One thing to keep in mind that might spur you on, I did a lot (I mean a lot too) of testing the sample playback/audio recording/effects B2vsB3vsMaschine, while Maschine was the obvious winner on effects, B3s audio/record/mix engine is vastly superior to B2 and Maschine, i even created a video of an exact 1:1 sample instrument created in B3vs Maschine to show @mathieugarcia, the difference is actually shocking.

• I'm just finding the midi editor really frustrating to use. The rest I'm kinda getting use to though.

• Also how do you migrate BM2 projects into BM3? Thanks. :smile:

• The MIDI editor, lets not go there !!!
    It loads B2 kits, i cant remember if it loads entire projects though.

• Cool would love it if you could share kits or samples. Sort it out Intua lol.

• You can, just put them in the B3 folder.

• I have to say that I was close to drop BM3 last week. In fact, started to use Cubasis, but was a matter of some hours to go back to BM3, reading, watching videos and exploring to fall in love with BM3 again. It is a little frustrating some times, but all have a solution. I can say now: I believe in you BM3! <3

• Beginning to really love BM3 now. Getting more use to the workflow.

• Sorry guys was trying to find the post/thread but how do I share BM2 kits and songs in BM3? Cheers.

• @The_Bro said:
    Sorry guys was trying to find the post/thread but how do I share BM2 kits and songs in BM3? Cheers.

https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000805074-How-to-import-BeatMaker-2-projects-presets-into-BeatMaker-3

• @The_Bro said:
    Beginning to really love BM3 now. Getting more use to the workflow.

As usual, we users often are to quick to judge different music apps before we get our heads around them...
    Nice that you’ve come to the conclusion that Beatmaker 3 is something to love!!
    For me BM3 is addictice!