โ€บ

Do we have this feature yet/When will we have it?

2ยป

Comments

• @stormywaterz said:

@Audiogus said:
    Purely speaking out of my ass here... I imagine that a somewhat sizeable gui/workflow refactoring was undertaken and it opened a big old can of worms ๐Ÿ› that ๐Ÿ› are now being stuffed ๐Ÿ› back into the can.

Hope there is not that much changing. Maybe move a couple things here or there, get rid of those arrows in the midi window and couple a short cuts here and there and boom we got a masterpiece lol

Which 'those arrows'?

• @Audiogus said:

@stormywaterz said:

@Audiogus said:
    Purely speaking out of my ass here... I imagine that a somewhat sizeable gui/workflow refactoring was undertaken and it opened a big old can of worms ๐Ÿ› that ๐Ÿ› are now being stuffed ๐Ÿ› back into the can.

Hope there is not that much changing. Maybe move a couple things here or there, get rid of those arrows in the midi window and couple a short cuts here and there and boom we got a masterpiece lol

Which 'those arrows'?

The midi editor. It replaced the white dotted lines.

• @stormywaterz said:

@Audiogus said:

@stormywaterz said:

@Audiogus said:

Which 'those arrows'?

The midi editor. It replaced the white dotted lines.

Ah right, I think the one for note length is useful though.

• Iโ€™ve also been checking the forums and AppStore for updates every month. I did wonder if the product was dead given that there have been no official updates.

But this is not an Intua problem, it actually seems to be commonplace in the software development world. Companies go quiet when they are working on new features (or chasing the next round of funding to let them do so) and then one day, boom! ~ there is much fanfare as some new features are released, as if everyone has been waiting for these.. which often they (or at least I) have not.

But I have to remind myself that just because I am in part bank rolling a product, the product developers have their own vision and agenda for it, and I am essentially a passive part of the product development cycle.

And I also know that wanting things โ€˜fixedโ€™ is a first world fantasy. Itโ€™s that consumer itch that drives us to believe the marketing and buy new things, when we all know deep down that the realities of modern technology are not the utopian dream that we signed up for.

But itโ€™s a hard one to shake. Iโ€™ve watched the soap operas play out many times in Live and Maschine, and downloaded many a shiny new release, only to find new bugs and missing features that I still wanted. Over time I learned that expectation was an empty fantasy and that a delayed release was always better than a rushed out crowd pleaser.

As Jazzy B raps,

patience is a virtue
    a wait wonโ€™t hurt you
    in the long run
    it will serve you

• Just want to 'chime' in here. The title in the post is a bit presumptuous, however there is a reason. I see the ability to record the scenes that I play into song mode as a key feature. There is a loss of musicality when you have to awkwardly drag scenes into the song mode. So much is already up and running in BM3 that I figured it would be the next step. I didn't realize how long everyone has been in the waiting room here, hangin out.

• edited September 2018

@futureaztec
    Apologies I reacted so strongly to your post.

I'm pretty sure there was a better way I could have handled it.

2ยป