Some 80s flavour dubstep

Listen to The Bro - Through the tunnel (demo) by The Bro #np on #SoundCloud

Comments

• Not bad - though I didn't think 80s when listening

I wonder if you could try experimenting with reversing a separate version of the snare so you can drop in a few snare ramps and add some exciting variety to the beat?

• @tk32 said:
    Not bad - though I didn't think 80s when listening

I wonder if you could try experimenting with reversing a separate version of the snare so you can drop in a few snare ramps and add some exciting variety to the beat?

Thanks man yeah its a first demo. Was just excited to get it up but yeah can do more variations with the beat for shizzle!!

• Bump lol. Anyone else feeling this?

• Its not really for me, the main snare is a bit weak, prefer a layered thud snapper in dub step, and i like my basses to growl.
    This has a very "The dubstep demo on a yamaha keyboard" feel to it, which in some ways is a compliment, they have the best composers in the world do those, but it always sounds like its not "their thing"

I think its time you picked a genre or area of genres and started making stuff that sounds like you, you obviously have the talent, now find your vibe.

• I dig the track. I also like me dubstep snares to have more snap but that’s just me.

• @Michael Lawrence said:
    I dig the track. I also like me dubstep snares to have more snap but that’s just me.

Thanks man. Yeah I've actually taken a bit of reverb off the clap so that's given it some more punch I just haven't uploaded it yet lol.