New crashes in my daily workflow

edited September 2018 in Bug reports

I haven't really had much problem with crashing in my regular use of BM3, but something new has shown it's head a couple of time in the last day or two here.

I have a session which I load up every day containing a variety of instruments that I use with my MIDI controllers. I usually spend a bit of time practising or just riffing on keyboards/controllers so I just always go to this same program where I can access a variety of keyboard instruments and synths just from my MIDI controllers. It's mainly BM3 sampler instruments with a few extra things routed to pads from AUM (for cases where I needed MIDI learn for AU parameters).

Used to load no problem, then I'd just switch to AUM and load the session separately in there.

Since the iOS12 update, I get "Can't load AUM (Port 1) (IAA)" every time I load the program. Then after I reload AUM manually it'll work for a bit before the sound stops (though I can still see the instrument being played in AUM. When I try switch back to BM3 then it'll crash.

It's a little vague as I don't really pay too much conscious effort to the tech when I'm working like this. I'll pay attention over the next few days and see if I can narrow it down to more specific things.

Oscar

Comments

• I have started screen recording my time on BM3 since I updated it. Get a lot of crashing around synthmaster one when I add an AUFX to the track channel.

Are you on the very latest 12.1 IOS?

• @feathers632 said:
    I have started screen recording my time on BM3 since I updated it. Get a lot of crashing around synthmaster one when I add an AUFX to the track channel.

Are you on the very latest 12.1 IOS?

I think these came about when I updated to iOS 12, just shared them as it may be have been useful for the Intua team to know of changes to app behaviour in the new OS version. Have long since learned to avoid these issues!

• There seems to be a steady stream of AU updates in my app store the last few days, and all they say is IOS 12 fixes, could be a lot of plugins needing updates ?