Urgent bug 3.0.12 - Recording monitor behavior

edited November 2018 in Bug reports

When I've updated to the latest version, it seems that Beatmaker disables the monitor option while recording. Is there any way to get this behavior disabled?. Now I can't listen to my minilogue while I'm recording it :neutral:

Comments

• This has been reported elsewhere too, i think it is a bug possibly caused by the inserts on channels no longer being inserts but have been made in to monitor effects now (This always should have been on a user definable switch)
    I will move this in to bugs and retitle it ;)

• edited November 2018

@ulonix, I haven’t tried this since the update, but the way I used to go about recording was to route the input to two tracks simultaneously, one with FX, and one dry. Then I would arm, but not monitor, the dry track, and disarm, but monitor, the one with the FX. After recording, I would move the dry-recorded audio clip onto the FX track for playback. It seems like this might be a workaround for this situation. It also has the advantage of allowing tweaking of the FX after recording, since the recorded audio is dry.

• @number37 said:
    @ulonix, I haven’t tried this since the update, but the way I used to go about recording was to route the input to two tracks simultaneously, one with FX, and one dry. Then I would arm, but not monitor, the dry track, and disarm, but monitor, the one with the FX. After recording, I would move the dry-recorded audio clip onto the FX track for playback. It seems like this might be a workaround for this situation. It also has the advantage of allowing tweaking of the FX after recording, since the recorded audio is dry.

Thanks, will def give it a go!

• Hello there,
    I had to fix a really bad bug with audio tracks: recordings were made with insert effects and post fader processed.
    So you couldn't get a clean audio file...

@ulonix We could let the monitoring be though

All the best,
    Vincent B.

• Thats not a bug, its how inserts work, the behaviour has changed from insert effect to monitor effect, neither are bugs, both should be optional, removing a feature that people use on a regular basis is a bit strange to be honest.

As an example, if i want to record through an effect now, i have to record a track, then record it again with the effect on.

• @5pinlink I'm pretty sure recording audio with insert effects applied to the source was a bug.
    You would have your new audio pattern containing insert effects in the sample data, and playing it back on the track with effects & faders re-applied...
    If you want to record the output of an audio track, just create a new one with it as an internal source.

All the best,
    Vincent B.

• That isnt a bug, its an insert effect, there are three common effects types, insert, send, monitor.
    All are self explanatory, you cant just reimagine what an insert is because some user forgets to remove the insert and gets doubled effects.

That is user error and in any complicated system like a DAW, there will be user errors, but you cant keep removing features because of that, otherwise we end up with no features left.

• Let's agree to disagree here:
    You're talking about insert effects as if an audio track was an input track, but it's not.
    In addition, recording with volume and pan applied is also not intended behaviour.
    No feature was removed since you can achieve the same things as before, with the added value of behaving like any other DAW does.

• No im saying an insert is an insert, but yeah, its your app ;)

This discussion has been closed.