Splitting patterns breaks pattern automation placement. Merging patterns deletes all automation.

If you take a pattern which has automation and then slice it up on the timeline, the automation is not cropped/moved accordingly and no longer corresponds to the notes properly.

If you merge patterns all pattern automation is deleted.

If this worked as expected it would be a huge workflow imorovement for me as I do a lot of splitting and rearranging on the timeline.

(PS: apologies if I may have posted this before but cannot for the life of me find/bump it :) )

Comments

• This is a pain, indeed - but I always try to get my patterns mostly arranged 'before' i start adding automation.

If you can manage to chnge your workflow like this, the problem is less irksome

• edited November 2018

My other suggestion (which may or may not work for you) is to experiment with putting automations on the track lane instead of inside the patterns

• edited November 2018

@tk32 said:
    This is a pain, indeed - but I always try to get my patterns mostly arranged 'before' i start adding automation.

If you can manage to chnge your workflow like this, the problem is less irksome

Yah I do this as well but it is the sweet pain relief I seek.

• Personally i just want automation items.

• edited November 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Personally i just want automation items.

Sure, that would be a nice additional feature to me. Seems like it should not be too difficult for that under the hood since overlapping patterns already works. Just needs some sort of ‘bank folder’ or ‘nested track’ in the UI etc-ish. What is there now though should just work as expected too.