Copying effects chain from one bank to another (including audio tracks)

Title.

Sometimes I simply want to duplicate effects chains between two already created banks (or between a bank and an audio track), instead of using pre or post fader sends and put the effects there. As far as I can tell, this isn't possible, and doing it manually is a very lengthy time consuming process.

One option would be a more streamlined way of saving AU presets (since internal BM effects can already have their parameters nicely saved as presets). Bonus points if an entire effects chain can be saved as a preset which can be quickly reloaded later onto a different bank or audio track.

Comments

• edited November 2018

You're absolutely right @blueveek and this would be a fantastic feature.

I would call this feature an 'Effect Stack' and allow users to save stack presets that can be recalled in the same project, or in other ones.

I'm pretty sure we discussed this at length about a year ago, and I think it also made it into one of the consolidated feature request lists that @5pinlink kindly compiled.

As a workaround...

Have you tried loading effects onto a blank bank, and saving that bank as a bank preset?.
    It wouldn't work for audio tracks, but could provide a useful template with EQ, compressor, reverb and macro bindings (etc.).

Just a thought.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
    If it sometimes feels a bit quiet here, then it's probably because we're all chatting on Discord. Feel free to drop-by and say "Hi" in real time :)

• Thanks @tk32. I thought about the blank bank workaround, but I usually want to save an effect stack after already working on a bank for quite a while.

• Lets keep them called effects chains, they are called effects chains in every app, lets keep them that way, renaming the wheel is silly.

• I'm ambivalent on naming as long as we have the functionality :)

• Ambivalent or not, its called an effects chain
    http://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=audio+effects+chain
    As you can see, a widely accepted name, widely accepted name means easier for beginners to google and get relevant information from various sources.

That aside, yes it is a commonly requested feature
    https://intua.net/forums/discussion/4837/feature-request-enable-saving-of-aux-channel-presets#latest
    Since from just after release, we definitely need this feature, however, i would personally prefer a deeper implementation than just "Save effects chain" feature, for a few reasons.
    I would like to see effects chains saved as chains but also as containers, so you could load a chain on the load effect button, this would load the entire chain in a single effect slot, that could be expanded to view all contained effects.
    Advantages
    Ability to load a chain without removing the effects already previously in the chain.
    Move the contained (nested) effects chain up and down in the main effects chain.
    Have an effects chain macro panel specific to that contained (Nested) chain, this would be visible in the main effects chain when the contained (Nested) effects chain was in collapsed view, this would give you the ability to create simple panels for effects chains, a lot of effects chain work is combinations that only really need a few adjustable controls from the contained effects, quick example, some EQs and Dynamics to make an SSL desk channel.

• @tk32 said:
    You're absolutely right @blueveek and this would be a fantastic feature.

I would call this feature an 'Effect Stack' and allow users to save stack presets that can be recalled in the same project, or in other ones.

I'm pretty sure we discussed this at length about a year ago, and I think it also made it into one of the consolidated feature request lists that @5pinlink kindly compiled.

As a workaround...

Have you tried loading effects onto a blank bank, and saving that bank as a bank preset?.
    It wouldn't work for audio tracks, but could provide a useful template with EQ, compressor, reverb and macro bindings (etc.).

Just a thought.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
    If it sometimes feels a bit quiet here, then it's probably because we're all chatting on Discord. Feel free to drop-by and say "Hi" in real time :)

Excellent suggestions :-)