Does BM3 support any MIDI? Is it easy to program? Is this good enough to replace a pc DAW?

I bought the Nektar Impact 61+ I want to know if anyone has this midi and hows it working? Or any midi is it easy to program?
I have been using Logic Pro I am very new it’s only been 1 month but I’ve used garage band so I was familiar. How is the flow of this app? Is it easy to learn?
I am thinking about getting an iPad Pro 12.9 to replace my iMac because I really don’t use it for anything besides music and videos. So is this program good enough to replace a desktop version of a DAW?

Comments

• My free opinion... total value $0.02

For me, my 9.7 inch iPad and BM3 is the best option for on the go, walking, train, bus etc. On the weekend I plug it into my desktop daw and it is a fantastic robot arm / cybernetic implant but will not be replacing my desktop DAW anytime soon.

• @Audiogus said:
    My free opinion... total value $0.02

For me, my 9.7 inch iPad and BM3 is the best option for on the go, walking, train, bus etc. On the weekend I plug it into my desktop daw and it is a fantastic robot arm / cybernetic implant but will not be replacing my desktop DAW anytime soon.

Good to know

• @Audiogus said:

Aside from my pitching downward hi hat rolls and some automation that I do faster in FL Studio, I pretty much do it all in BM3. then again IM doing boombap, trap, R&b, lo-fi aaaaand sometimes House. Not sure how folks feel using it for acoustic instruments recording in live etc.

• @nkdVKNG said:

@Audiogus said:

Aside from my pitching downward hi hat rolls and some automation that I do faster in FL Studio, I pretty much do it all in BM3. then again IM doing boombap, trap, R&b, lo-fi aaaaand sometimes House. Not sure how folks feel using it for acoustic instruments recording in live etc.

I love the big picture view for editing / mixing in Samplitude. However, I think once ProQ3 hits iOS, that being able to show the spectrum of other running instances will be huge for eventually weening me off of desktop. A big thing that really keeps me coming back to desktop is StutterEdit and Massive but that may just live on as sample source. Aparillo is out on iOS now (!) which is awesome and hopefully Synthmaster One kicks in with the presets store soon... Kleverb is a fine enough reverb for now but no doubt ProR is coming soon. So yah, do I really see in a few months or a year NEEDING desktop? Nah, it's largely habit, heh.

• @Audiogus said:

@nkdVKNG said:

@Audiogus said:

I love the big picture view for editing / mixing in Samplitude. However, I think once ProQ3 hits iOS, that being able to show the spectrum of other running instances will be huge for eventually weening me off of desktop. A big thing that really keeps me coming back to desktop is StutterEdit and Massive but that may just live on as sample source. Aparillo is out on iOS now (!) which is awesome and hopefully Synthmaster One kicks in with the presets store soon... Kleverb is a fine enough reverb for now but no doubt ProR is coming soon. So yah, do I really see in a few months or a year NEEDING desktop? Nah, it's largely habit, heh.

today I ended up getting those hihat rolls I mentioned. Just copied the same hat to three pads and let each one do its own thing. More excuses to stay away from my desktop DAW lol